• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How cheap are the cheapest Challenger Hellcats now?

SteveSS

Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
It's hard to believe they came out in 2015. Seems like prices should be getting reasonable except all used cars are sky-high right now. It's hard to figure. Have any of you guys tried pricing them?

I was hoping to find a fairly low mileage one around 40k,but they are 60k since the pandemic induced new car shortage/used car value explosion !

:popcorn:

I’m currently looking for a Challenger RedEye in Granite Gray, new or used.
There was a 2016 HellCat for sale local to me for 43k but it was red.

:popcorn:

I’m currently looking for a Challenger RedEye in Granite Gray, new or used.
There was a 2016 HellCat for sale local to me for 43k but it was red.
Most of the ones in the price range have major Carfax flags,or reconstructed/salvage titles.

:steering:

E4AE29DA-D368-4940-A0B2-523810B717B9.png

I was hoping to find a fairly low mileage one around 40k,but they are 60k since the pandemic induced new car shortage/used car value explosion !
I was looking for a 6 speed... even more. :D

Just sold my Redeye to Carmax for only slightly less than I paid for it in 2019. Never really liked it compared to my classic Mopars... stupid fast in a straight line is basically all that it has going for it.

Don't know, but the insurance has to be pretty nasty for these right?

Nationwide quoted me $2363 a year.
I’m gonna research Hagerty, Grundy, etc.

Just before the Pandemic you could get one for Mid $40's not now

insurance about 1200 a year. Geezer Hartford. Blower will make you smile. There are NO deals right now.

E0AA6D18-6947-4281-8CA6-14C159DD4620.jpeg

Although not a Hellcat, I picked up a new Scat Pack, manual trans, for $6400 below MSRP last week. I like the old mopars as well, but these new cars are insanely fun and comfortable and powerful! Best decision I’ve made in a while. I know it is a big step down from the Hellcat, but for the money, they are still a lot of fun and sound great with the normally aspirated 6.4L

Don't know, but the insurance has to be pretty nasty for these right?
Insurance is going to be high for both Charger and Challenger due to the theft and accident rates of these cars. My understanding is that even with the software update they are easier than they should be to steal.

Hellcats are stupid money around here. A friend just brokered an 1100 mile 2019 for $80K.

I believe the very first one Sold was in Colorado and was wrecked in 45 minutes. Something to do with the traction control button looked like it was on when you had it off and vice versa. This story is from memory 8 years ago or better.

DA8CF5B6-8A5E-42BA-8F5C-0866038F4380.jpeg
56E75D22-F0BA-414B-A6F0-269324DAB39E.jpeg

I flew down to Kentucky and picked this up. The drive home (Long Island) was thrilling!

Auto Transport Service
Back