• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How DO some accomplish it…organization?

There's several types of garage owners, which one you happen to be plays heavily into how organized your shop is.

The tinkerer's.
The ones who do full restorations.
The hoarders.
The lazy.
And then the country folk who service everything from cars to tractors.

Some times you just have to be honest with yourself and accept that all are not equal. I specifically made my garage 2 stories with a loft downstairs and another attached garage off of it knowing how I am. Dirt bikes, ATV's etc upstairs, my driver cars in the attached garage and a loft in the main garage for all the parts during restoration projects and it's still not as clean as I'd like because I'm working in it all the time. I no sooner clean it up and I'm onto the next two jobs, for me the best I can do is put everything away after completing a project so at least it never gets to out of hand.

Last edited:
Either you’re wired that way or you’re not. My buddy’s garage always looked like a bomb went off. He worked his *** off getting it clean and organized, before long it looked like a bomb went off again.

I occupy the middle ground, the garage isn’t OCD clean but it’s not usually trashed either…
BCDC348A-9997-4577-A266-639C4562F80C.jpeg
6C46DF7E-1D81-4032-886E-72943A81DBB1.jpeg

There's several types of garage owners, which one you happen to be plays heavily into how organized your shop is.

The tinkerer's.
The ones who do full restorations.
The hoarders.
The lazy.
And then the country folk who service everything from cars to tractors.

Some times you just have to be honest with yourself and accept that all are not equal. I specifically made my garage 2 stories with a loft downstairs and another attached garage off of it knowing how I am. Dirt bikes, ATV's etc upstairs, my driver cars in the attached garage and a loft in the main garage for all the parts during restoration projects and it's still not as clean as I'd like because I'm working in it all the time. I no sooner clean it up and I'm onto the next two jobs, for me the best I can do is put everything after completing a project so at least it never gets to out of hand.

4 out of the 5.

Auto Transport Service
Back