• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How I Spend My Afternoons After Retirement

Dibbons

Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
I found an evaporative emissions pump air filter that had never been changed our 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ. Those listed for sale online go for $35-$50 (Dorman, etc.) and they all include the little plastic canister. Well, I popped the lid on my filter to find it was just a paper element inside. Found a similar element locally at a small engine shop for about $9 USD which is a little smaller, it being made for a small engine Tecumseh. I used the old filter's metal top to close off one end of the replacement filter (stuck on with gasket maker) and I used some "packing foam" to make up the small difference in diameter and height. Well, now it's good to go for another 24 years or so.

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Not retired but I polished my 90 35th anniversary sled tonight, got a coolant leak. Pretty sure it's the cap. Wife and neighbors are pissed lol. Braaaap! Nothing like high test and 2 stroke.
I need to sweep and get the Satellite running!
PXL_20240518_015738746.jpg

I love the 2 stroke smell. Unfortunately I didn’t even get my sleds down from storage this year. Hopefully winter of 24-25 will bless us with some snow.

Auto Transport Service
Back