• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dr says I need to walk more.....she has no idea how much I walk just looking for stuff in my shop!!

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
My shop is 35 feet from the house and the shop is 52 feet long IF it's walked in a straight line and well, that doesn't happen very often. Then there's a 25' carport behind the shop that is used pretty much everyday and today isn't an exception. The box trailer 'storage unit' is 17' from the shop. Well, cleaned up the shop somewhat about 2 1/2 weeks ago and now looking for a chain fall that got moved to a 'better' location and now it's nowhere to be found. After two trips to the 'storage trailer' (remember that?) and 3 trips into the house so far for ice and walking all over the shop looking for that dang chain fall, I'm tired lol. Maybe I'm getting senile? Dad gum it! At least I have most of my teeth.....at least it's only 95 right now since lately it's usually 99 or more.

all these numbers are confusing me and not good with math lets say you walk a lot.

all these numbers are confusing me and not good with math lets say you walk a lot.
:rofl: Yup.....and too dang much! Tried to tell my doc that same kind of stuff and she just gives me a dumb look. She mentioned getting a 'Fitbit' and screw that mess because it's not needed!

can't tell the smart people how life really works as they don't live like us sir.

Wife has a Fit bit and it was a surprise how much she walks in a day. She likes to keep track and walk about the same each day.
Me my shop is 75 feet from house and garden way more. I feel I dont need to keep track either. I should keep track how many times I am under a car or under a lawn mower.

I walk around my neighborhood three times a day now.
Each walk is a mile.
It's been a big help in this weight, reduction, weight loss, that i have been on since the first week in April.
Started out at 230, and this morning on the scale, i weighed in at 195.5.
So doing good for a 5' 11" 70 year old.

Walking will do you well.

I walk around my neighborhood three times a day now.
Each walk is a mile.
It's been a big help in this weight, reduction, weight loss, that i have been on since the first week in April.
Started out at 230, and this morning on the scale, i weighed in at 195.5.
So doing good for a 5' 11" 70 year old.

Walking will do you well.
I hit 235 when I was still 'married' but lately it's been around 193-195 and looking to go to 180. But don't think I need to walk around the neighborhood unless I want to see things that's not needed to be seen lol

My shop is 35 feet from the house and the shop is 52 feet long IF it's walked in a straight line and well, that doesn't happen very often. Then there's a 25' carport behind the shop that is used pretty much everyday and today isn't an exception. The box trailer 'storage unit' is 17' from the shop. Well, cleaned up the shop somewhat about 2 1/2 weeks ago and now looking for a chain fall that got moved to a 'better' location and now it's nowhere to be found. After two trips to the 'storage trailer' (remember that?) and 3 trips into the house so far for ice and walking all over the shop looking for that dang chain fall, I'm tired lol. Maybe I'm getting senile? Dad gum it! At least I have most of my teeth.....at least it's only 95 right now since lately it's usually 99 or more.
How many washing machines big is that?

I had a Dr once who told me I needed to lose weight. That's easy to say for a skinny Asian who has to run around in the shower just to get wet. :rolleyes:

How many washing machines big is that?

I had a Dr once who told me I needed to lose weight. That's easy to say for a skinny Asian who has to run around in the shower just to get wet. :rolleyes:
:rofl: :thumbsup: My 'skin' doc is Asian.....and well, she keeps my skin healthy. :) She has even given me a couple of hugs! I love her lol

AND!!! Found the chain fall in the 'clean room' after walking by it 2 freakin times!!! Got done what I needed to do and more but....too dang hot to do much more after loading the truck and putting up the chain fall.

Steps are good for circulation and they do burn a few calories but they don't do much for your heart. You need cardio for that. Heart rate up to 120 or so. I learned that in cardiac rehab. It also depends on your age how many BPM's for a work out.

That's why I leave the house at 06:45 in the morning and hit the road for an hour. My blood press has dropped at least 10 points top and bottom, my A1C is back down to normal and my knees which used to kill me have stopped hurting because of the arthritis in them. Last time at the dr. office I had lost 20lbs, so it does work. You just need to keep it up.

You gotta keep moving.
My Grandfather on my Ma's side was diagnosed with diabetes. In the 1940's. You know, before there was a treatment or anything. He lived on wax beans and such, it was basically a death sentence back then. He survived long enough they came up with insulin, and he had a wheel on his kitchen table with every dose of the stuff imaginable for a couple decades.
He lived into his 70's.
He lost an eye, his toes, and eventually half a foot.

He told us (kids and grandkids) that no matter what life sends you have to keep moving. And he meant it in every way. he knew if he stopped, he would lose more, and that was not what he would allow.
So every day he got up at 5am and ground his teeth together as he got out of bed and put weight on his feet and got dressed, went out to his 3 acre garden and took care of it. The garden had saved his life back then, and it was keeping him alive in his old age.

If you stop, and sit, and rest, pretty soon you got no choice but to be stopped.

My youngest grandson (12) went to good guys heartland nats.again this year.
I did not know but his watch will count steps , miles , ect.
After Saturday he tells me I did pretty good. I ask him ,at what ?
We logged right at 9 miles lmao, after he told me my foot and knee hurt.

I let my phone tell me, no fuss, it just does it, yesterday was good, on vacation this week and took the grandkids to Michigan Adventure amusement park
IMG_2236.png

I hit 235 when I was still 'married' but lately it's been around 193-195 and looking to go to 180. But don't think I need to walk around the neighborhood unless I want to see things that's not needed to be seen lol
I initially had the goal of reaching an even 200 pounds.
I did that easy enough, and now the goal is 190 pounds.
I have been told the ideal weight for my height, age, is 185-190 pounds.
So if i hit the 190, I'm well within the ball park.
Then who knows, i just might want and try for the 185, and see how it goes.
I got out of the Air Force in 1980, when i was 27 years old, weighing in at 180.
Wonder if i can see that weight, 43 years later. Dunno.

You gotta keep moving.
My Grandfather on my Ma's side was diagnosed with diabetes. In the 1940's. You know, before there was a treatment or anything. He lived on wax beans and such, it was basically a death sentence back then. He survived long enough they came up with insulin, and he had a wheel on his kitchen table with every dose of the stuff imaginable for a couple decades.
He lived into his 70's.
He lost an eye, his toes, and eventually half a foot.

He told us (kids and grandkids) that no matter what life sends you have to keep moving. And he meant it in every way. he knew if he stopped, he would lose more, and that was not what he would allow.
So every day he got up at 5am and ground his teeth together as he got out of bed and put weight on his feet and got dressed, went out to his 3 acre garden and took care of it. The garden had saved his life back then, and it was keeping him alive in his old age.

If you stop, and sit, and rest, pretty soon you got no choice but to be stopped.
Oh I don't plan on stopping......although there are days when I don't feel like moving much lol

AND!!! Found the chain fall in the 'clean room' after walking by it 2 freakin times!!! Got done what I needed to do and more but....too dang hot to do much more after loading the truck and putting up the chain fall.
:lol:been there and done that

Auto Transport Service
Back