• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Long?

How long before I can drive her?

• 6 months or less

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 6 months to 1 year

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 1 year to 18 months

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • 18 months to 2 years

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • 2 years or longer

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters

426HemiCharger

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
My Charger is going under restoration currently. It is just under half way done in body work. The trunk was just replaced, the floors go in tomorrow. the quarters need to go in, it needs fender work, door work, and mud and sanding then primer. Still needs painting and reassembly.

I can drive mine now but ran out of money to make it the way i want it

P9070003.JPG

I voted 6 months to a year (I hope!) Im about done with all bodywork, hoping to have it painted this spring/early summer. After that I will be installing drivetrain, and maybe will be able to take it for a spin.

Jason

It really depends how motivated you are and how much time you can spend on it. Back when I had time I did a Mustang start to finish in 9 months. I spent 2-3 hrs every day after work and most of the weekends.

It took me 6 months after I got it back from paint and I was pretty motivated

road runner 1015 (Medium).jpg

I really hope to get done within a year. I want to have it to take to junior year in high school. Mine will be like the Roadrunner above. B5 Blue, blue interior. Still debating a white stripe or R/T badges.

Last edited:
I really hope to get done within a year. I want to have it to take to junior year in high school. Mine will be like the Roadrunner above. B5 Blue, blue interior. Still debating a white stripe of R/T badges.

i know everybody whines about putting both on , but i like them with the stripe and emblem .

Three weeks before I finished my Challenger it had no motor or trans, no grill, radiator, headlight buckets, no exhaust, no front or rear valance, no front seats, door panels, dash assembly, steering column, windshield, rear window, stripes, wheels, tires, and the hood wasn't painted or installed.

And except for the glass the stripes, and having the hood painted I did it all in that three weeks.

I was motivated.......

Three weeks before I finished my Challenger it had no motor or trans, no grill, radiator, headlight buckets, no exhaust, no front or rear valance, no front seats, door panels, dash assembly, steering column, windshield, rear window, stripes, wheels, tires, and the hood wasn't painted or installed.

And except for the glass the stripes, and having the hood painted I did it all in that three weeks.

I was motivated.......

I will give you a call if you want me to when the Hemi Vert. is ready for re-assembly. (hint,hint) :grin:

I work as a hired gun:grin:

COOL ! , .....I haven't got a problem with that. :grin:

I would rather pay for Help that has Mopar know how, Mopar Experience and can fluently speak Mopar ,:yes:............ than have free help that hasn't got a clue to what in the World is going on. :no:

COOL ! , .....I haven't got a problem with that. :grin:

I would rather pay for Help that has Mopar know how, Mopar Experience and can fluently speak Mopar ,:yes:............ than have free help that hasn't got a clue to what in the World is going on. :no:

Took the words right out of my keyboard!!

who was your buddy ?

My long time buddy is Mike, but he sold the car to some guy named Ian back in the mid to late 80's. What Ian didn't know is I got the six pack setup that was on it :grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back