• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How rare is the 1970 Rear shoulder seat belts for a B-Body?

6PKRTSE

Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
How rare is the 1970 Rear shoulder seat belts for a B-Body? I have just seen my first set & thought that must be pretty rare???

I think they were required in all cars starting in 1970. My October 69-built 1070 Road Runner has them. They tuck up along the headliner when not in use, and without mandatory seat belt laws they didn't get used much.

That is the front belts you are refering to. My 70 Charger does the same on the fronts.
I was posting/asking about rear shoulder seat belts. Never really seen them before for the rears.

I found a set locally, complete. Including everything to install them. What are they worth? he was going to sell them to me. Just want to make it fair on both sides.

I have only seen them in one car from the factory. And that was a three tag GTX.

Do the belts still use the same as all of the other belts in the car? I finally saw pictures of the belts he had & the buckles "do not" match the rest of the Chrysler belts. Was this how Chrysler did them? Most people say yes, they are the same but I have seen 2 different sets of pictures now & they appear to be different buckles.

I believe the buckles on the set you are referring to are "deluxe seat belts" (I believe I have seen the set you are referring to). I think they are the same buckles that are on my 70 Challenger convertible and are very hard to find ( I am one buckle short and have been looking).

I have never seen different style belt buckles. As far as I can remember all of my Challengers, Chargers a Coronet all had the same flip type belt buckles.

I think they were required in all cars starting in 1970. My October 69-built 1070 Road Runner has them. They tuck up along the headliner when not in use, and without mandatory seat belt laws they didn't get used much.

Yep, I didn't see the "rear" mentioned. My bad!

Auto Transport Service
Back