• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to get Date of Manufacture from VIN? RS23L9E13642 (69 GTX)

Day 60 would put at Feb 28 of 68. That's data that you could put with another OEM part to hone in further.
You can definitely gather a timeline with more parts.
If your looking to match a color on the interior for a 50plus year old car, skip that and dye the parts you want to it match. Your creating a lot of extra anxiety for a whole lot of nothing. Well, unless you enjoy the self torment.

My dash pad is 109th day of 69 -April 9, 69
K frame is 1209 1 - April 20, 69 1st shift
glass is 1MAY69
LCA's 10th week (march 3-9,69)
with a SPD 426

Ha!! Where do I send the money for the therapy!! It's just crazy two colors for F8, was that really necessary?? Then this car has no pedigree but I am just trying to keep it look right and fix what was molested the best I can but also there is something to be said for the path of least resistance.. I am painting stuff to match as of yesterday. I like history and was wondering what was going on with the Mopar line in LA... I would like to come up with enough info to put a tag where the original is missing even if I leave the vin as 00000 as I don't want to mislead anyone just trying to make the thing look like someone actually cares.

That being said, how do I get the date from the glass? And the LCAs?

Thanks again, Jay

Ha!! Where do I send the money for the therapy!! It's just crazy two colors for F8, was that really necessary?? Then this car has no pedigree but I am just trying to keep it look right and fix what was molested the best I can but also there is something to be said for the path of least resistance.. I am painting stuff to match as of yesterday. I like history and was wondering what was going on with the Mopar line in LA... I would like to come up with enough info to put a tag where the original is missing even if I leave the vin as 00000 as I don't want to mislead anyone just trying to make the thing look like someone actually cares.

That being said, how do I get the date from the glass? And the LCAs?

Thanks again, Jay
You'll find the glass date within the gray/white lettering. You'll see the Pentastar with PPG to the right on 68-69yrs. under that Pentastar is type of glass/then Government code/then date Example if its 38, that's March 68. There are variables from models to different years.
The codes on the LCA will be forward facing on the flat area.
Another easy date code to obtain is seat belts. The white tag will give year and quarter

Auto Transport Service
Back