• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How-to restore or where to but 73 RR metal trim under grill?

b_body_hopeful

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
Experts, I have tried myself to make this piece look better, but I don't have the skills as some of you do. Can someone tell me how to
straighten this lower metal grill piece out and get rid of all the pit marks? Or, where do I get a new one, or who can I call to get it refurbished? Any help is welcome.
vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Last edited:
There is a fellow not far from me who does magic with pieces like this. Southern NY state so you'd have to ship.
His name is Scott and his email is SESEYEGUY at aol dot com.
Shoot him off an email and see what he thinks. You can mention you got his name from Bob in Syracuse.

If you have already looked for chrome shops in Denver and there aren't any, then you probably need to send it out. If that is what you end up doing, a personal endorsement like ODZKing is where to go, since it really does not matter how far away it is going. They are probably going to have to strip, buff, fill pits with solder and re-plate. That is if you are going for original look, of course.

I am going a mod on my bumpers and after smoothing/welding in bumper bolts, they will be black. Will de-rust with wire brush, then phosphoric acid treatment. Going to try out Lab Metal for a filler to smooth everything and give that a long cure before painting. Of course, if I don't like that look I can blast all that off and have them powder coated, or chromed.

I am going a mod on my bumpers and after smoothing/welding in bumper bolts, they will be black. Will de-rust with wire brush, then phosphoric acid treatment. Going to try out Lab Metal for a filler to smooth everything and give that a long cure before painting. Of course, if I don't like that look I can blast all that off and have them powder coated, or chromed.

Thanks, my intention when I started was to keep it original, but my grill is now custom black and maybe I might try something like you are 318 Six Pack. I like to have a spare item though cause I might just screw the original piece up....that's what happens some times.

Thanks Bob, for the info. Try him first. Dennis

Auto Transport Service
Back