• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How was your day? mine sucked.

Plymouth71

Waterslide Decal Artist
Local time
9:59 AM
Reaction score
I had a pretty good day at work. Shined up my ride pn my coffee break. Got home by 3pm. Laid down for a 20 min nap when the door bell rang. An elderly meighbor was saying something about touching my car. I wasn't sure what he meant. I go out to find he backed into my left rear quarter panel. It now has a large dent, scrape, chipped paint and a crease. My brain screamed but my heart felt for him. He is in his 80's. It was an accident. He has offered to pay for the repairs. I am looking for a good local shop.

You're being quite understanding about the ordeal, at least the guy let you know right away. I hope it gets taken care of properly. Did the neighbor's car get mangled?

Nobody is too old for an *** kicking. I'd throw the wrinkly old bastard a beat down.

We talking about your mopar or your daily driver?

The old guy did the right thing and there isn't a darn thing you can do about it now! None the less it sucks!

Like mentioned he could have drove off and left you to pay for repairs or higher insurance deductibles.

Good luck finding a good shop

I feel for you and commend your composure....Sorry, to hear that and it does suck..

However, the man owned up to that and fessed up...that is commendable as well...

Beats going out the next morning to a big surprise, let him fix it and move on. Good luck

I had a pretty good day at work. Shined up my ride pn my coffee break. Got home by 3pm. Laid down for a 20 min nap when the door bell rang. An elderly meighbor was saying something about touching my car. I wasn't sure what he meant. I go out to find he backed into my left rear quarter panel. It now has a large dent, scrape, chipped paint and a crease. My brain screamed but my heart felt for him. He is in his 80's. It was an accident. He has offered to pay for the repairs. I am looking for a good local shop.
I hope all of us on here are lucky enough to see 80! That being said accidents happen no matter the age. I feel bad for you and feel bad for him to. My 57 year old *** knows my reflexes and eyes are not what they once were, still in good shape but nevertheless not what I was in my 40's. You did the rite thing by not going nuts on him and he did the rite thing by telling you he screwed up. I believe in karma so my guess is it will all work out perfect ! Please keep us all posted on how it works out!

The old man offered to pay..... He damn well better have. Any decent human being should. And beings he's your neighbor it's not like you wouldn't have known it was him as soon as you saw his car or noticed him driving a different car. So pleasantries aside, get his insurance info. Send it to your insurance people and don't be shy about looking into every competent body shop until you find what your car deserves. It can be a bitch to get the paint and clearcoat to match. Good luck and thankfully no injuries

Parked on the street? Need pictures. Heard a bang one day, went out and the landscaping was busted up at the edge of the driveway. Went across the street to find gray paint and dirt on the neighbors Toyota. She says she was "just about" to come over and tell me. She took care of the repair.

every day I wake up sucks :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: thats why I come here to come back to earth :thumbsup:

Yeah I parked on our front street so I could work in the garage and the kids could ride their bikes and I could keep an eye on them. Don't worry, I'm kicking my own *** about that. He's a good neighbor so I don't want to ruin the relationship. I've been told that the metal is creased so no PDR.

v316

20170708_211540.jpg.html

user

Last edited:
check with someone in your area that does paintless dent repair looks ;like:thumbsup: most if not all could be done without grinding and repaint

Auto Transport Service
Back