• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How you know when you are old.....

I broke my TL1000R Suzuki out for my first spring ride. I'm 69. Stopped to fill it up with fresh gas and went inside to pay since their non-oxy pump doesn't have credit card capabilities. Young guy behind the counter says "Aren't you a little old to be ridding one of those?".

Then just a few weeks ago I went to look at a Buell 1125Cr in a potential trade deal. The guy with the bike says "Who are you looking at getting this bike for?". I said "Me" and he just goes "Oh...….. " with a little trail off in his voice.

Got the Buell. What a machine. 145HP. 105 mph in 3rd gear and I'm not even pushing it that hard. It almost cries out for you to throw it around on twisty roads. Old is a frame of mind.

You start looking at the obit's to see if you know anyone listed.
“The first thing I do is read the obituaries in the morning paper. If my name isn’t there, I shave!”
Mark Twain

"I get up every morning and read the obituary column. If my name's not there, I eat breakfast."
George Burns

Yeah we have aliments, but we're still here, and I don't bitch about the way I feel to anyone when they ask how are you. My standard answer is "I'm well, how the hell are you doing." I'll be 70 this year :eek:, and I'm happy with my granddaughters, daughter, wife (usually) and cars. I have lost many friends, so I find something or someone to enjoy everyday because no one is promised tomorrow. Don't let it get you down. Yep we're getting old, don't know about you, but for me it's been a great roller coaster ride :) and I'm not done. Come on, many of us here are in our 60's and 70's, and look at what we drive, life is pretty damn good.
My standard reply is "Above dirt, grace of God. You?" :)

When I find myself saying..."back in the day".

When my grandkids are teenagers!

When hair grows in my ears.

When reading glasses are necessary.

When I'm told I missed a pant loop for my belt.

When I figure out I'm older than the hot girls parents.

When I cut sugar and most simple carbs out of my diet for a thyroid problem I noticed the pain from arthritis in my shoulders and back diminished greatly. It used to take 4 Advil just to be able to get up and down from sitting easily. Since I cut out sugar I haven’t taken more than 4 Advil in 3 months. If you’re curious check out the keto diet or other low carb diets.

Also my PT suggested I get a foam roller and roll my back from top of my shoulder blades to lumbar spine for 1-2 min twice a day and it has made a world of difference for me.

These things have literally changed my life.

Several friends of mine swear by CBD oil for help controlling inflammation and joint pain. I have been able to manage with diet and stretching alone so far but if my things escalate that will be my next move.

Good luck.

When I cut sugar and most simple carbs out of my diet for a thyroid problem I noticed the pain from arthritis in my shoulders and back diminished greatly. It used to take 4 Advil just to be able to get up and down from sitting easily. Since I cut out sugar I haven’t taken more than 4 Advil in 3 months. If you’re curious check out the keto diet or other low carb diets.

Also my PT suggested I get a foam roller and roll my back from top of my shoulder blades to lumbar spine for 1-2 min twice a day and it has made a world of difference for me.

These things have literally changed my life.

Several friends of mine swear by CBD oil for help controlling inflammation and joint pain. I have been able to manage with diet and stretching alone so far but if my things escalate that will be my next move.

Good luck.
Yeah - heard some great results from others too as you've posted...my addictions, among others...pasta and beer!

I remodeled the house just before retiring and replaced the old low style 'round' turlets with the taller elongated turlets.....problem solved! :D
Do you mean the 'turlets' that I think you mean? :D

33oqlm.jpg

Speaking of old; I remember Kirk Douglas (still alive at like 102) on the Carson show years ago (if yaz remember Johnny) telling a story about visiting an old folks home. He knelt down beside an old lady in a wheelchair and asked her "Hi miss, do you know who I am"? She gawked at him for a sec and said "No, but if you go to the front desk they'll tell you." Funny!

Try to find a Chiro that employs the Graston Method. I have a couple,of friends that have discovered this technique and swear by it. They say it’s a miracle what they’ve accomplished with Chiros that are certified in that method. Doesn’t hurt to give it a run. I’m looking for a local guy that does it as well for my neck and shoulder.

I did this a few years back with a sports physio for a running injury. Was pleasantly surprised how well it worked.

When someone says "its good to see ya" and you respond with "it's good to be seen".

when you remember you used to have to hold the button in to lock the car door..:eek:

When you go to the local NAPA today and ask for a 2 terminal 1.4 ohm ballast resistor for say a 70's Mopar.
Deer in the headlights.........what is it for?
Year, model, etc...
Uh never mind, gave him the NAPA # ICR11.
He looks up the application and says "1975 Cordoba -- I have no idea what that is, is it a tractor?"
I was suddenly old.:(

When you come home after work and go to the garage to work on the carb.....cause your sure the secondary's arnt working. Then you go out for a "quick ride" to check it out. (yeah they work now)

When you realize that a good old fight takes way to long to recover from and you start carrying your glock out in the open.

Chiropractor and medical doctor say acupuncture is not the answer. I am in the same shape with 1 year and 8 months to semi retirement. Chiropractor says I will make it. Medical doctor gives me what he can for the arthritis. There are nights were standing up straight is a chore and arms and hands hurt like hell. Just never give up.
Greetings mopar 3 B! I ought to be sayin' Greetings Neighbor! I had the beginnings of arthritis in 2016 and a health clinic very close to Kingsville made everything better for me.

I had both of my knees inflamed with arthritis; elevated body temperature above and below my knee caps clear through to the back sides of my knees. I worked outside and I didn't need a cane just yet, but the pain of walking was intense. I used a holistic health clinic close to you who administered 10 intravenous injections (drip bags) of a mixture of vitamins & minerals my body needed plus pharmaceutical grade dimethyl sulfoxide ~ (DMSO). Dimethyl sulfoxide is a low cost by-product of the wood industry and sold as a horse liniment. DMSO works great on humans also, but I digress. Between my intravenous injections I was drinking a couple of ounces per day of pharmaceutical grade dimethyl sulfoxide. My holistic doctor told me DMSO taken orally wasn't necessary, yet I continued without ill affect. My arthritic pain left me before the 10th drip bag.

That was over 3 years ago and I'm still walking without pain. Whenever I feel the need to squelch a flare-up, I take a small dab of DMSO gel with a few drops of fractionated coconut oil mixed in and rub it completely around each knee. The fractionated coconut oil drives the DMSO quickly into the inflamed area. I repeat as necessary. My last flare-up was so long ago I can't remember when it happened.

Insurance does not pay for holistic protocols. Insurance only pays for conventional treatments and NEVER pays for a cure! Many holistic treatments are inexpensive; and very effective.

mopar 3 B, I would be interested in sharing more details of my holistic experience dealing with arthritis with you. I believe I have information that can make your life so much better. PM me your contact info and let's talk.............

I hope I die before I get old (talkin' 'bout my generation)

Auto Transport Service
Back