• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How you know when you are old.....

I've been buying beer at my local distributor forever. The other day a 20 something Missy says I need to see your driver ID. I said thank you, that's flattering!
She paused but said I still need to see it- State requirements. I just replied, I'm not driving it, or voting for it, I'm drinking it. The owner laughed his *** off and said push the green acknowledge button.
Yep I'm old......

yeah now they ask if you're under 40...wtf?

I have noticed a big uptick in the number of internet scammers calling me the last few years. ( I get several per week now)
I'm not up to speed with how -call lists- are gathered but suspect older folks that may have money and a feeble/old mind are juicy targets.:)

I've been buying beer at my local distributor forever. The other day a 20 something Missy says I need to see your driver ID. I said thank you, that's flattering!
She paused but said I still need to see it- State requirements. I just replied, I'm not driving it, or voting for it, I'm drinking it. The owner laughed his *** off and said push the green acknowledge button.
Yep I'm old......
How much do ya have to buy when you go to a distributor and do you have to have a liquor license?

I have noticed a big uptick in the number of internet scammers calling me the last few years. ( I get several per week now)
I'm not up to speed with how -call lists- are gathered but suspect older folks that may have money and a feeble/old mind are juicy targets.:)
Oh man, I've had some fun with scammers over the years! 90% of the scam calls come in on my land line and here lately, I only answer if I see a 'real' name show up. If I get a call from one of those lowlifes that tell me my computer is has a virus and I'm not doing anything else (which is rarely) I'll play their game. I think they blacklisted my number finally! :D

How much do ya have to buy when you go to a distributor and do you have to have a liquor license?

Oh man, I've had some fun with scammers over the years! 90% of the scam calls come in on my land line and here lately, I only answer if I see a 'real' name show up. If I get a call from one of those lowlifes that tell me my computer is has a virus and I'm not doing anything else (which is rarely) I'll play their game. I think they blacklisted my number finally! :D

I had two calls just today and in both cases, they got belligerent with me when I would not allow them a connect to my computer.
One of them last week (after 20 min) actually told me to take my desktop and shove it up my ***.--I found that to be a bit rude to treat a feeble-minded old man in that manner.:D

Someone may have already said something like this - but when you fart and everything but just gas comes out - Jack Nicholson said it perfectly “never trust a fart” after a certain age. How right he was.....

In Pa., you can buy 6/12 packs at just about any grocery/convenience store.
Cases/kegs required to visit a Pa licensed "distributor".
Liquor is sold only at State owned "Wine & Spirit stores"
Here you need a government issued photo ID- driver's license or equivalent.

That's hilarious GetX'd...I remember a work friend telling us about serious advice he got from his father to keep an extra pair of underwear in your bag or desk. We were in our 30's at the time and laughed about it...ahh except we're in our 60's now and the fatherly advice? Not bad...I keep an extra pair in my laptop case!
I had two calls just today and in both cases, they got belligerent with me when I would not allow them a connect to my computer.
One of them last week (after 20 min) actually told me to take my desktop and shove it up my ***.--I found that to be a bit rude to treat a feeble-minded old man in that manner.:D
Ya know I was thinking about getting one of those arousal blow horns to use when some ****-wad makes **** calls; place it by the phone and give it a blast...or could do what my total **** crazy aunt would do...she would scream at the top of her lungs and she had an irritating voice as it was...I had to cover my ears!

Oh man, I've had some fun with scammers over the years! 90% of the scam calls come in on my land line and here lately, I only answer if I see a 'real' name show up.
Can't trust that anymore. I get calls with "real names" (that I don't know). I never bother answering because there is never an answer on the other end. Just another robo call.

Can't trust that anymore. I get calls with "real names" (that I don't know). I never bother answering because there is never an answer on the other end. Just another robo call.

I typically see an unknown number calling and turn off any other sound in the room before I answer. I then click answer but make no sound to see if the "robo" needs a sound trigger. 12 seconds seems to be the max time the automated system can tolerate before terminating the call.

BTW scambaiters on youtube can be fascinating-- to see how this scam stuff is intended to play out.-( a crew of IT techs with virtual computers will waste hours and even days stringing along -money thirsty scammers). A recent one I followed had a -fake-old lady transporting 41K in cash to ship UPS.
Here is a current example for understanding what these folks do for a living.

Last edited:
The museum curator tries to place me in the sarcophagus.

If my caller ID shows "unknown" I don't answer.

I typically see an unknown number calling and turn off any other sound in the room before I answer. I then click answer but make no sound to see if the "robo" needs a sound trigger. 12 seconds seems to be the max time the automated system can tolerate before terminating the call.

BTW scambaiters on youtube can be fascinating-- to see how this scam stuff is intended to play out.-( a crew of IT techs with virtual computers will waste hours and even days stringing along -money thirsty scammers). A recent one I followed had a -fake-old lady transporting 41K in cash to ship UPS.
Here is a current example for understanding what these folks do for a living.

:rofl:I've done the same exact same stuff!! LOL. Had one guy tell me to quit sleeping with my young daughter and several to go *uck myself. Had one guy call me back 4 times after cutting him off in mid sentence.

There is a virtual plethora of personal information about each one of It's easy nowadays. us on the internet.

:drinks:
In Pa., you can buy 6/12 packs at just about any grocery/convenience store.
Cases/kegs required to visit a Pa licensed "distributor".
Liquor is sold only at State owned "Wine & Spirit stores"
Here you need a government issued photo ID- driver's license or equivalent.
(Cranky)- or know someone because you handled the truck maintenance for the business.

Yeah, he called me a while ago and offered a "free" back brace. When I told him I don't need one, he said, "but it's free". He had no real answer when I asked what made him think I needed a brace. I told him that he was just trying to rip off Medicare.

P.S.
An Indian accent is always a dead giveaway. Just like the guy who is from "vindows" and says that my computer is throwing "red flags" and offers to fix it over the phone.

An Indian accent is always a dead giveaway. Just like the guy who is from "vindows" and says that my computer is throwing "red flags" and offers to fix it over the phone.
Used to get that one a lot....might be still calling but here lately I've been too busy to pick up the phone and am kinda tired of the game so the phone doesn't get answered. However there have been times when I blocked a good number because it said on the CID that it was California was calling. That was a friend's daughter calling. Asked her once we got in touch why her name didn't show up instead of the state she lives in lol.

It's like what Jack said, never waste a hardon and never trust a fart...
I'm sure my time is coming..lol

25 Signs You Are Getting Old
  1. Your houseplants are alive, and you can’t smoke any of them.

2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.

3. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.

4. 6:00 a.m. is when you get up, not when you go to bed.

5. You hear your favorite song in an elevator.

6. You watch the Weather Channel.

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of “hook up” and “break up.”

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as “dressed up.”

10. You’re the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won’t turn down the stereo.

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.

12. You don’t know what time Taco Bell closes anymore.

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

14. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of McDonald's leftovers.

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

16. You take naps.

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would severely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.

19. You go to the drug store for ibuprofen and antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.

20. A $4.00 bottle of wine is no longer “pretty good sh!t.”

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

22. “I just can’t drink the way I used to” replaces “I’m never going to drink that much again.”

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for real work.

24. You drink at home to save money before going to a bar.

25. When you find out your friend is pregnant you congratulate them instead of asking “Oh sh!t what the hell!”
This page printed from: http://mistupid.com/jokes/page114.htm

Auto Transport Service
Back