• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howdy from the DEEEEP south

PoppaSmurf

Local time
6:56 PM
Reaction score
Howdy from down here in Columbus GA, I am glad to find another site dedicated to "B" bodies! Been involved with MOPAR since 1967, and have no intentions of looking else where... hopeing to meet a few more MOPAR fanatics...and and maybe exchanging a few ideas down the line...

Throughout the week I'll be posting some more pics of my MOPARS..including my high school grad present a 1969 Super Bee...all original 43,000 miles on her..

But for now check out a few pix of my latest Blvd cruiser, my 1976 Dodge Coronet that I have owned since 77... hope you enjoy what I have done...

Welcome! I was stationed at Ft. Benning from 88-90, and at the Dodge dealer then, a Super Bee Hemi came in for a repair as it rained hard for a few days, and the distributor got wet, this was in 89! Been a long time since I've been to Columbus GA!

Welcome to the site! Cool Coronet! Lets see the Super Bee now!

Howdy thar Poppa, welcome to a great sight. Another Benning Vet, back in the 71-2 era, then again in 87.

Got pulled over in beautiful Phenix City back in 71 driving a Duster my Buddies had rented. I wasn't old enough to go in the bar they were in, so I got to play with the car, even tho I didn't have a civilian license at the time either. NOT to mention... remember when they had the dang Javelin 401 cop cars? Hey.... all I was doing was revving that mean ol slant 6 in the Duster and he thought I wanted to run him lol. Cop looked exactly like the Sheriff in the Dodge commercials, right down to sun glasses at about 2 am. He was nice enough to let me go, but Man, what a night. Went back to the bar where my buddies were to just wait for them to come out, some dude come running THRU the glass door, breaking it, right past the Duster, and whoever was chasing him stopped beside the Duster, released a couple of rounds at the guy running, then went back into the bar. My buddies came back right after that and we went back to Benning. Gawd, what a night, I'll never forget that one.

BuckNeccid said:
Another Benning Vet, back in the 71-2 era, then again in 87.

Got pulled over in beautiful Phenix City back in 71...whoever was chasing him stopped beside the Duster, released a couple of rounds at the guy running, then went back into the bar...
Phenix City apparently hasn't changed much. LOL.

Welcome to the site PoppaSmurf. I'm new too and just up the road in Birmingham.

welcome to FBBO

Howdy from down here in Columbus GA, I am glad to find another site dedicated to "B" bodies! Been involved with MOPAR since 1967, and have no intentions of looking else where... hopeing to meet a few more MOPAR fanatics...and and maybe exchanging a few ideas down the line...

Throughout the week I'll be posting some more pics of my MOPARS..including my high school grad present a 1969 Super Bee...all original 43,000 miles on her..

But for now check out a few pix of my latest Blvd cruiser, my 1976 Dodge Coronet that I have owned since 77... hope you enjoy what I have done...

Welcome Poppa....I'm new to this site too...and man, what a great bunch of people and ideas...I'm SURE you'll like it here!!

ThaNKs ALL for the warm welcom !!!! BuckNeccid and Coupe, Phenix city has moved or budged of the 60's mentality...it's still good "OLE" Phenix City AL ..live 5 mins from 14th bridge and where Gen.Patton forbade and outlawed the troops from visiting the brothels and and dope houses...He actually stood on that bridge and made that speech..(documented)...but over the last 3 years Benning has expanded to twice it's size, and population...Thank God I went to Ft.Bliss and Ft Hood... the Phenix City raceway is still there and they still run an outlaw 1/8th mile...

EV2-GTX thank you sir...I just got thru touring up there in ur neck of the woods...love it everytime I go...dread border crossing though...getting worse every year !!!

I do look forward to hangin around and being a sponge..

Auto Transport Service
Back