• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND HP Exhaust Manifold 2899879

Status
Not open for further replies.

zslacker

Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I need an HP exhaust manifold 2899879 reasonably priced. I just installed a new complete TTI system then found out the manifold was cracked, it makes the sound. Apparently there is no other manifold part number that will bolt exactly to exhaust pipe. I dont care about dates as long as it doesnt look too bad and it doesn't leak. I would trade up some NOS exhaust tips if that would help. I'm on the west coast 91384
Thanks

IMG_6118.JPG

IMG_6121.JPG

IMG_6094 copy.JPG

IMG_6095 copy.JPG

I have that one plus it's mate for the other side.....but I suspect shipping will put me out of the ballpark.

20230801_124714.jpg

Are you sure it is cracked....it may be your heat riser assembly is leaking and needs rebuild. They leak around the butterfly shaft and through the bushing. The 979 manifold is known to crack on the back side. However, the heat riser is rebuildable/repairable.

What is the application?

Are you sure it is cracked....it may be your heat riser assembly is leaking and needs rebuild. They leak around the butterfly shaft and through the bushing. The 979 manifold is known to crack on the back side. However, the heat riser is rebuildable/repairable.
I'm pretty sure. Some one did a poor job trying to repair it at one time

IMG_6140.JPG

I have a pair if interested....send me a pm

Yes...you have the common crack on that manifold shown above.....seen it many times. It can be repaired by an experienced welder/brazer.

I just bumped them to the top of mechanical parts for sale.section.. You can view the pair of exhaust manifold pictures there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back