• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hydroboost mod

440 Charger

Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Thinking on my build to mod in a diesel hydroboost for the brakes. Would like the brakes all the time the same and not rely on vac. Used to have a demo derby old gm when they tried to mod a 350 to diesel and liked the brakes. Any thoughts welcome thank you.

I did it in my 67 dart.

I believe it was an 05 ram diesel hydroboost system.

I had to reclock the canister and I am now using a 1 1/8 master cylinder.

I also had to make my own pushrod from the hydroboost to the master cylinder as I changed things.

Some reason I have it in my mind that I also had to alter the pedal to hydroboost.

I run viper brakes up front from AR engineering

I run mustang disc brakes on the 8 3/4 manufactured myself. (Also sell the adapters)

Oh ya ... dont let the hydraulic lines from power steering pump to hydroboost touch the hot headers. It makes a mess and lots of smoke.

Hydroboost brake upgrade on 1st gen Cummins trucks is very popular, I personally did it on my 84 Cummins crewcab and it was night and day difference in being able to stop my 7000lbs beast!

The 94-and newer dodge diesel HB set-up is clocked differently, as mentioned, but you can re-clock it if you are handy. But if you find a HB set-up off a mid/late 90's chevy Astro van it's a direct bolt in with the firewall bracket being exactly the same. Only problem you might have is the length of the push rod...you can either fab up your own, or buy a new one ....used to be able to get some from Tallon Hydraulics but I went to their site and they don't offer parts and pieces for HB systems anymore only complete systems. :(

You can take a look through my installation thread for thoughts and ideas and info and mistakes that I made in doing the conversion. ;)

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com...ll-topics-93/t-cows-hydroboost-thread-323472/

Auto Transport Service
Back