• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I brought home a SatellBird

Sorry for a 2 year update, this fought us every step of the way, but my 53 year old dream, from when I was 13 years old, is finally true!
I cut a few corners to keep this moving forward, seats are Procar (Original Upholstery shops are back ordered for 5 months!), I am fighting electrical issues, but I am driving Her!

DSCN0008.JPG

DSCN0009.JPG

DSCN0012.JPG

DSCN0014.JPG

DSCN0017.JPG

DSCN0018.JPG

DSCN0019.JPG

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

Trunk pan.jpg

looks great and Im just starting to restore a 70 charger. I have a 70 Bee and you got to love that 1 year only crap. :lol:

More pics, let me know if I am posting too many pics, as you can see of the trunk pan pic in previous post and this one the frame damage was not apparent to my Friend and I on buy inspection (probably because of a lack of specific car knowledge). We came to know that the top of the rear sub frame rusts without being obvious to our non trained eyes from above and below. (Water/rust seeping under the trunk pans to the rails?)

Trunk 1.jpg

Trunk 2.jpg

Trunk pans in.jpg

Trunk under center pan.JPG

Underhood paint.jpg

Discs on much work.jpg

K-frame, Borgeson steering and disc system installed.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for a 2 year update, this fought us every step of the way, but my 53 year old dream, from when I was 13 years old, is finally true!
I cut a few corners to keep this moving forward, seats are Procar (Original Upholstery shops are back ordered for 5 months!), I am fighting electrical issues, but I am driving Her!

View attachment 1446467

View attachment 1446468

View attachment 1446469

View attachment 1446470

View attachment 1446471

View attachment 1446472

View attachment 1446473

View attachment 1446474

View attachment 1446475

View attachment 1446476
how do you like the Procar seats? Did they Bolt in or did you have to modify them?

how do you like the Procar seats? Did they Bolt in or did you have to modify them?
I like the seats, they bolted into the outer bench seat holes perfectly (B-body), but the inners had to be drilled, I think that is why they have some bad reviews about hole fitment. Since my car came with a bench and I put in buckets, that is not the fault of Procar. They are comfortable, nice side to side "hugging" without being hard to get in and out of. $700.00 for both with sliders and (B-body) floor adapters (and in stock for delivery in days), a good/great deal all around.

Last edited:
Yes, I cut another corner and only used skins, Only low quality skins were available at the time because of shortages or whatnot. Fought to keep this affordable, white primer to make the 71 B5 blue pop more, one of the few diversions from factory correct. The Chrome Rallye wheels were another (rather than the dullish factory look):)

RR quarter.jpg

Right quarter panel sanded.jpg

BF paint.JPG

Sattie right.jpg

Top center pan trunk back.JPG

My Superbird in primer F.jpg

My Superbird in primer R.jpg

Last edited:
Rallye wheel center caps are on 2 month back order, the whole back end is new except for the trunk lid, valence and right quarter extension. Because of shortages from covid and such, one sub frame member is from AMD an the other is from Sherman. Because of long shipping delays comprises were made between which manufacturer could ship by when.

Last edited:
Looks good! I remember your initial post about 2 years ago and have been wondering what happened.

I have fought with myself to make this more restomod or stick to what the Factory offered. (I thought a black body with gold wire rims, no scoops, no decals for a cleaner look would be great.) In the end I always came back to Factory offerings. (Not all complete yet) But when it came to turns, I have always loved sequential since I saw my Aunt's 1965 T-Bird and I departed here :) At least it looks mostly factory when not turned on!

Link is standard youtube in my account and found safe by me.

Really just trying to get this one the road for spring cruising ring now,
FYI, tails are digi-tails.com, front are generic on Amazon

j

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back