• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't like change. At all.

You are a creature of habit. I've been that way all my life. It's all good :D
I'm like KD. When I find something I like I stick with it. I guess you could say that I'm "brand loyal" in everything that I do and I'm "set in my ways" because they work for me. So far, that philosophy has not failed me in life.

Some change is alright. Remember when Chrysler decided their flathead six wouldn't cut it any longer and introduced the Hemi V8? Nothing wrong with that change.

Personally, I don't remember it, I wasn't around yet:)

And how should we call this... person View attachment 709440

It's "General Discussion"
I think more like generally disgusting.

A true story from about 5 years ago - I went to one of our local cable suppliers to collect an urgent order. I walked into the reception area and was greeted by the old boiler behind the desk. As I walked in, I noticed in the corner a cracking looking blonde, wearing fishnet tights, and one leg on her desk, as she listened intently to a telephone call. As I was explaining my order request to the older lady at the reception desk, I heard this booming masculine voice say "OK, I'll come over and see you tomorrow....bye then."

Shocked, horrified, startled, I looked around to see who else was in the room. There was only the two of them plus me. It was then, that I realised that the guy Brian, who I had been told about....was actually now Briar. The guys at my head office had a great laugh about that one.

Briar is now an air hostess with Air New Zealand - they have no gender boundaries as far as employment goes. I know a guy who flew them not long ago, and was served a drink by Briar. :eek:

Put me down as another that resists change for change's sake.
If it's an improvement, hey, I'm all for it - but I tend to stick to what has worked for me,
whether it's inanimate or people. I'm loyal to that/those who have been loyal to me, who
have earned that respect and consideration.
Example: my '04 Ram was new once, the latest and greatest at the time. I sought it out specifically at
the time and it has proven to be a hell of a loyal dependable ride, so it's with me to this day,
no plans of ever getting rid of it.

In regards to popular culture and whatever is "hot" at a given moment, I had an older mentor
(can't remember who it was now) tell me when I was young that generally speaking, youth and
those of undeveloped minds had short attention spans that were easily manipulated - usually
by either "sparkly things or loud noises".
Kind of explains TV commercials, eh? Fast, noisy/loud, flashy.

Of course, our cars could also be described as such perhaps. :)

General observation on today's society, especially in this social media age:
Seems like everyone has been raised to be attention whores anymore.
Selfies this, here's my entire life in pictures on Instagram that.... everyone wants to be
a media star.
*yawn*
Lots of disrespect to go around, less consideration of our fellow humans too seems like -
ironically, while everyone is busy proving via social media how "concerned" they are...

As I do my gig, I'm in assisted living and nursing facilities a lot as part of the job.
Most of the guys in my biz hate going into those places and I'll admit they can be a tad
depressing sometimes. You do see a lot of sad things, of course - but I've also spent countless
hours just stopping whatever I'm doing to sit down and visit with folks there, too.
Quite comfortable doing so.
You can learn so much and they just appreciate anyone willing to listen.
Since my own parents are long passed and I didn't get to spend time with them as they grew old,
this works for me, too.
The veterans are especially cool to talk to. God, so much respect for them as I listen....

There's good in things and people, new and old. It's often hard to find but SO worth it.

. I know a guy who flew them not long ago, and was served a drink by Briar. :eek:

Hopefully the fellow didnt join the mile high club.

In post #1 KD mentioned the phone update thing.
That really pisses me off, all of a sudden you have relearn to use all of your apps.
Id say a large part of this "change" thing is simply because a great many people are bored and need to justify their existance.
My motto; If it aint broken, dont fix it!

Put me down as another that resists change for change's sake.
If it's an improvement, hey, I'm all for it - but I tend to stick to what has worked for me,
whether it's inanimate or people. I'm loyal to that/those who have been loyal to me, who
have earned that respect and consideration.
Example: my '04 Ram was new once, the latest and greatest at the time. I sought it out specifically at
the time and it has proven to be a hell of a loyal dependable ride, so it's with me to this day,
no plans of ever getting rid of it.

In regards to popular culture and whatever is "hot" at a given moment, I had an older mentor
(can't remember who it was now) tell me when I was young that generally speaking, youth and
those of undeveloped minds had short attention spans that were easily manipulated - usually
by either "sparkly things or loud noises".
Kind of explains TV commercials, eh? Fast, noisy/loud, flashy.

Of course, our cars could also be described as such perhaps. :)

General observation on today's society, especially in this social media age:
Seems like everyone has been raised to be attention whores anymore.
Selfies this, here's my entire life in pictures on Instagram that.... everyone wants to be
a media star.
*yawn*
Lots of disrespect to go around, less consideration of our fellow humans too seems like -
ironically, while everyone is busy proving via social media how "concerned" they are...

As I do my gig, I'm in assisted living and nursing facilities a lot as part of the job.
Most of the guys in my biz hate going into those places and I'll admit they can be a tad
depressing sometimes. You do see a lot of sad things, of course - but I've also spent countless
hours just stopping whatever I'm doing to sit down and visit with folks there, too.
Quite comfortable doing so.
You can learn so much and they just appreciate anyone willing to listen.
Since my own parents are long passed and I didn't get to spend time with them as they grew old,
this works for me, too.
The veterans are especially cool to talk to. God, so much respect for them as I listen....

There's good in things and people, new and old. It's often hard to find but SO worth it.
Good for you for taking the time, your a good man. I used to get bothered when going to my in laws because everybody ignored their grandpa... man the amazing stories he told me! He was in WWII and served in Germany, the man was quite the guy and half his grandchildren probably don't even know what a hero they lost when he passed.

As for the social media I just don't get it, I guess we're doing the same thing here but we're sharing our rides, helping each other out and talking cars not sharing our day to day life.. just seams strange to me?

What I find myself laughing at is clothing, in school Tommy Hilfiger was all the rage, never bought a pair then it was MC Hammer baggy pants.. nope. I just don't get the mentality where.. looky, looky, everyone's wearing this I need to go buy some so I fit in:realcrazy:. Never have went with the trends/fashions or much of anything else, I like individualism, thinking for yourself not being a sheep!

I think that the older we all get, we just get settled in our ways of doing things.
I guess part of getting old is the tendency to be resistant to new things.
If that is true, I've been old all of my life. I have never liked change very much.
I hate it when a politician campaigns on that tired slogan.
I don't like starting new jobs. For the most part, I have worked for the same company since 1988.
I don't like it when the iphone wants you to UPDATE the settings because it always results in some shitty change that I never wanted.
20 years ago we usually knew who was a man and who was a woman. The cross dressing freaks were easy to spot and you had to go to the city to see them.
Not anymore.
Now there are people that refuse to be called by traditional gender pronouns.... He/Him/She/Her....
This is not good. Some cities are glomming onto this idea too. I really don't like this.

I agree that the older we all get, we just get comfortable in our ways and I'll raise my hand to be guilty as charged. Changing cultural norms and thinking that one's gender is not what it really is, is not just strange, it's bizarre.

Saw Bowie in concert decades ago. The highlight of more then fifty concerts I’ve been to.
Like he says, “Time may change me but I can’t change time.”
salvador-dali-copy.jpg

"Money" got the airplay.
But I always thought "Time" was the better song.
8eb7d1e3053b0bc489b7928207e43a9a.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

One new "fad" that was dumb from the beginning are the new clothes sold in the department stores that are torn and/or full of holes. One would thing this style would have burned out by now, but much to my amazement, it is still regarded as "hip" even now. How much longer can it go on?

At the last local car show, on the second day I gave a couple of girls my worn out blue jeans (one of the young girls had worn a similar "stylish" pair the night before). I asked them to pull my old ripped up pants over the outside of theirs for a foto opportunity (they agreed and I took a picture).

DSC05552.JPG

My latest gadget. The camera doesn't even work. I have a box-full of these from friends....for whenever one shits the bed. And they're free!!!

2zoi5o7.jpg

I think that the older we all get, we just get settled in our ways of doing things.

I agree that the older we all get, we just get comfortable in our ways and I'll raise my hand to be guilty as charged. Changing cultural norms and thinking that one's gender is not what it really is, is not just strange, it's bizarre.
Smiley Bingo -you nailed it-.jpg

Hopefully the fellow didnt join the mile high club.

In post #1 KD mentioned the phone update thing.
That really pisses me off, all of a sudden you have relearn to use all of your apps.
Id say a large part of this "change" thing is simply because a great many people are bored and need to justify their existance.
My motto; If it aint broken, dont fix it!

I'm with you on this. The only explanation I can come up with is that these engineers, designers and programmers will be out of a job if they don't keep changing things. That goes with everything these days. Every time I go to the grocery store to shop, they've changed the lable on the product from the last time I bought it. Tools, parts, clothing, shoes, boots. It's everywhere. They make something really good and then they change it. Drives me crazy :realcrazy:

"New look! Same great taste!" :rolleyes:
Ok, so they just spent untold fortunes changing labels, logos, whatever....but nothing to improve
the product?
Why?

Auto Transport Service
Back