• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I fixed it!

Just so everyone knows, Plastic gasoline cans have caused alot of fires over the years due to
the static charge in dry weather that is generated from simply pouring the gas out of one container
into another! Picture you filling up your snow blower in your open garage and having a static spark
jump between the can and snow blower tank. You see the fire start and immediately get startled
and drop the can! Game over. Hemi Cuda GONE along with the whole garage and snow blower.
That's why when trucks are filled at the refinery, they clip on multiple ground straps from the rack
to the truck. Everyone be careful!
YEP, look real hard at the top of the left side can in the second row of them in my truck box picture! Ground reel clamp shows better in this shot...
100LLtank 011.JPG

I will never buy another "gas can" again after I bought a few of these.

View attachment 1253751
Still have 3 'race' jugs....but used a couple for used oil. Cleaned one up for gas storage after the freeze last year and will probably clean out the other one too since I don't drive and change oil all that much these days.

I will never buy another "gas can" again after I bought a few of these.

View attachment 1253751
Talk about pouring slow................you can not pour this type fast or it comes out the vent hole...just look at the location. I'll be getting rid of mine this year after one use, big bucks bad design.

I bought that at Carlisle last summer. It’s a working unit with a relay that alternates each light. Not bad for a hundred bucks. One of these days I’ll hang it up in the garage.
I sold one last year at Carlisle..............$175 you did good.

Talk about pouring slow................you can not pour this type fast or it comes out the vent hole...just look at the location. I'll be getting rid of mine this year after one use, big bucks bad design.

I have three of these type jugs and have never had a leak out of the vent occasionally a small drip may leak out at the very end of the pour. If you have fluid leaking out at that vent air is getting in the can someplace it shouldn’t be.

You see the fire start and immediately get startled
and drop the can! Game over. Hemi Cuda GONE
Must of had this happen in my garage... I just looked in my garage, and there is NO Hemi cuda LOL

I’ve never had a problem with leaking at all. You can pour half speed with this can and still pour twice as fast as a normal gas can. Half the time I leave the vent closed and it doesn’t even glug unless you are trying to pour it like a nascar pit stop at 18gal in 12 seconds.

I grab five gallon race gas cans out of the trash at the drag strip. I think I have about twenty now. My girlfriend bought me a battery powered transfer pump, fits perfect, works like a champ. Don't need to hold it to pour.
Filled every one i had with diesel a week ago...... at $3.39. $4.80 yesterday. Today? Who knows?

20200523_152043.jpg

The new gas cans I have, have great pouring devices. Problem is they don't leak vapors so in the heat they expand and when you hit the button they spray all over and when it's cold they collapse. The one can has collapsed so hard it is now starting to have cracks in it and it's not even 2 years old.. Only good thing because they are like this is when they fall over they don't leak.. I loved them at first but now they are just frustrating knowing they won't last..

Auto Transport Service
Back