• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I hate T-mobile!

33 IMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
We were on the family plan with sprint for a decade, no problems. Then t mobile ate them up, killed my phone that i liked , charged me eighty bucks for the "free"upgrade to a phone I didn't want. Then the managed to not transfer about 2/3rds of the important stuff from the old phone.
But this is the clincher. I came up sick last night (flu/ moronic variant, who knows) and for the SECOND time, just when I need to text or call my girlfriend, who I'm self isolating from, the phone won't send a text, and says I don't have a Sim card (which I obviously do) and won't let me call ANYONE except 911.
I'm seriously tempted to walk in their office, bring whatever I've got with me, and DEMAND they fix it, AGAIN!!

Can you Pop out the SIM card and reinsert it?
Sounds like a phone problem not necessarily a network problem.

I hate cell phones .. worse than a woman can’t live with it and can’t live with out it!

I hate when you can't send those discreet pics !!! Argh

Can you Pop out the SIM card and reinsert it?
Sounds like a phone problem not necessarily a network problem.
Last time this happened, the t mobile guy had to tear apart my phone cover to access the Sim. Don't know if it was changed, or just removed and reinserted.

Just pop the cover off and remove and reinsert it. Just a dirty contact or got jarred out of place. No biggie.

I’ve had all the carriers - T-Mobile is by far and beyond better than any of the others. When I first got them - a lot of dropped calls at my house. Called and told them. They sent me a signal extenders - no charge. Zero problems after until sometime later an electrical surge or lightening storm or something fried it. Out comes another - free of charge. My brother whom lives in Thailand 6 months of the year was traveling from there over to Vietnam etc for awhile. Covid hit and he got trapped in Danang for 4 full months unable to leave the city or country. Everything was shut down.I have friends in Hanoi and Saigon as my wife is VN and I’ve been many times. I called him quite a few times to arrange to get him food, cell minutes and other things he needed via those friends. My cell bill was quite high - I called T-Mobile and they wiped more than 90% of it because of the circumstances. Any issue I ever have I call their service team - problem solved. I never go to a store. Those people are mostly useless unless they can sell you a phone and you don’t even have to go there for that. I rate T-Mobile way above any of the other ones wireless outfits.

I have Consumer Cellular and never have a problem. Keep your own phone, they send you a free SIM card, no contact.

I have had T Mobile since before they were T Mobile. When I have to call them, in the first few sentences they say thanks for being with T Mobile for 27 years or whatever the current number is. I've never had a problem that wasn't resolved to my satisfaction. This includes replacing phones free of charge, free mobile hot spot at my home, and any technical issues. Even though my plan doesn't specify a data limit, I have never experienced a slow down of data. I couldn't ask for more for my $40 bucks a month including all taxes, etc.
The people at the stores are for the most part not that good, but I have found that there is usually one there at all times that knows their a$$ from a hole in the ground. You just have to raise your voice and stir the pot.

Ive had all of the big names and they all are pretty equally bad, however we have had T mobile for probably 15 years and while it hasn't been perfect it has been way better than the others.

Hope you get your technological issue resolved, but most importantly hope you recuperate quickly. I just got over that crap myself.

I have Consumer Cellular and never have a problem. Keep your own phone, they send you a free SIM card, no contact.
We too have CC. Great service, no issues, English speaking help that you can understand, NO CONTRACTS. We used to have Verizon. Apples to apples comparison, CC is $100 less per month than Verizon. And get this, they use Verizons repeaters on the towers so parts of your fee is for that. Makes you wonder where that c-note is going per month. They also do AARP discount.

Well, I made the mistake of being a nice guy.
Instead of keeping my mouth shut, going in and sitting in the office and giving whatever it is I've got to everybody there, and getting my phone fixed, I gave them a note about the problem, and waited in the truck, for 45 minutes.
Nice young lady comes out, finally, and tells me she can't do anything for me, won't even touch the phone, though I told them I had disinfected it,
AND GAVE ME A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL FOR HELP, FOR A PHONE THAT DOESNT WORK!!!
I guess sometimes it pays to be an asshole. Maybe **** gets done.

T Mobil is sunsetting their 1900 3g/4g spectrum. Unless that new phone they sent out is HD voice capable, the new SIM was probably to support that. (I worked for Sprint for 10 years) I run a wireless firm out of Texas and support clients all over the country and phone service for the next several months is going to get a wee dicey.

I hate all cell phones...

only use them for traveling as an emergency device
Consumer Celluar, not too bad so far
I got for my dad, for when he travels/RVs

Albert Einstein fears cell phones.jpg

I may be the last guy in the world without one. Don't need one, don't want one, and CAN live without one.

She gave me a couple new Sims, but didn't tell me how to get them changed, (read: acknowledged by t mobile)
Tried to do it online.... they tell me that the password to the account (that I KNOW IS CORRECT!) is incorrect, enter a valid phone number and password.
I might be able to check if I'm wrong about the password.... IF I COULD TEXT OR CALL MY FAMILY MEMBER TO CHECK,but no, the ******* phone doesn't work!
Seriously contemplating driving 40 miles to a different t mobile office and walking in. I'm pissed.

Auto Transport Service
Back