• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i need fuel tank advise for sniper system

peakandscoot

Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
I have a 62 Fury with a 383 looking at around 450 HP. I have a brand new tank and sending unit. I also have a brand new Holley Sniper EFI. The 62s are shallow and are tight against the trunk so unless you cut a hole in your trunk there is no way to get an in tank fuel pump. Yes i know there is one company who makes a retrofitted tank but that ship has sailed and im not re buying everything. What have other people done. Im considering holley hydramat but am curious as to how that worked out for others in a 62. is it best to put a bunlkhead connector on the side near the sending unit. Or are people just welding a fitting in the bottom of the tank and just using gravity. Surge tanks seem to be out of my price range. Im sure im not the first person to use an electric fuel pump.

I originally used an external EFI pump, but in my extreme AZ 120° + temps and probably low quality pump, it burned out in about a month. My suggestion is to fab up a bracket that you can attach to the frame and attach pump to bracket. W/in 2-3 feet of tank and below level. Drill a return hole for AN fitting in the sending unit and attach a hose to it inside leading to a corner so you don't get a lot of aeration. Yes, the hydromat should definitely help. Use rare earth magnets to hold it down at rear of tank. Larger the hydromat the better for less chance of fuel starvation/cavitation. I run a 50 amp relay for power supply w 10 gauge wire so little chance of voltage drop. I like Walbro pumps. They tend to be quiet and hold up well.

Last edited:
The holley pump looks ok or go to Aeromotive which has a pump with a baffel. You can get a panel htat requires you cut a corner of the tank out that gives a drop by 1/2 inch to place a pump in tank when you have a height issues. Either way a baffel in tank will help

Auto Transport Service
Back