• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I want to go tunnel blasting

THE STIG

Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
I want to take my Charger out this spring and blow through some tunnels and hear exhaust echo. But i live in Indiana where some ant hills exceed the height of any hills and forget about mountains so does anyone know of any open highway tunnels somwhere hear me, I heard once that there is one down in KY on I 64 east of Louisville or maybe it was west I can't remember.

I want to take my Charger out this spring and blow through some tunnels and hear exhaust echo. But i live in Indiana where some ant hills exceed the height of any hills and forget about mountains so does anyone know of any open highway tunnels somwhere hear me, I heard once that there is one down in KY on I 64 east of Louisville or maybe it was west I can't remember.

I've been there my friend and I have your solution, that may quite possibly save you a lot of gas too. Shopping malls. Any multi-story, concrete parking structure should perform acoustical magic for you. Underground parking garage's are the best.

I've been there my friend and I have your solution, that may quite possibly save you a lot of gas too. Shopping malls. Any multi-story, concrete parking structure should perform acoustical magic for you. Underground parking garage's are the best.

I've got none of those either, at least nothing fully enclosed

Hmmmm, doesn't have to be fully enclosed either though, I tested mine out in the shopping mall parking garage in Annapolis, MD and the walls were open. The concrete above and below me was MORE than enough to really let her rip and listen to the music... until I started getting angry looks from people with their hands over their ears.... lol.

There has to be a parking garage around there somewhere. How far from Indianappolis are you? I know I saw a couple when I was there a few years ago. The part that sucks for you is something with the space for you to really open her up let the pedal rest on the floor for a while.

PITTSBURGH IS CRAMMED WITH TUNNELS......straight ones,,,,curved ones,,,,,s-types...you name it ,,,we got it!

Ah the memories... When I was in High School almost 35+ years ago now, we would go to J street cruise in Sacramento Ca., downtown kind of by the Capitol & cruise tell all hours of the evening, along with thousands of others, every Friday or Saturday nights, a part of the loop was an underpass, about 300ft long, many people would blast thru the area, to hear the pipes & engine rumble, it was a very cool sound, but it had it's downfalls also, police would wait at the other end many times & write you a ticket, especially if you were hauling a$$, I would either push in the clutch & rev the piss out my cars, like the young dumb a$$ I was, or do the stupider version & haul a$$, until all the tickets started to pile up... There also was a large Shopping mall, Sunrise Mall in the burbs at that time, they had some very large muti-story parking structures next to the mall stores 3 -4 stories high, it would really rumble off the walls & parking structures there too... Good luck in flatland finding a tunnel, parking garage or even long underpass...LOL... Caldicott Tunnel {nice & long} in the S.F. Bay Area kind of between East bay suburbs & S.F. off hwy 680 freeway east/west, it was a blast late at night when traffic was really low....

PITTSBURGH IS CRAMMED WITH TUNNELS......straight ones,,,,curved ones,,,,,s-types...you name it ,,,we got it!

Yep and there a few on the turnpike heading east too...There is a really short one coming out of Oakland just before you get on the parkway...:evil1:

I don't have any here either but any downtown street with rows of buildings are great i useta drop her down in low and let her sing.

There are several around Baltimore,Md and you also have the Chesapeake Bay bridge and tunnel which is pretty long. Go where you can and make some noise.

Ah the memories... When I was in High School almost 35+ years ago now, we would go to J street cruise in Sacramento Ca., downtown kind of by the Capitol & cruise tell all hours of the evening, along with thousands of others, every Friday or Saturday nights, a part of the loop was an underpass, about 300ft long, many people would blast thru the area, to hear the pipes & engine rumble, it was a very cool sound, but it had it's downfalls also, police would wait at the other end many times & write you a ticket, especially if you were hauling a$$, I would either push in the clutch & rev the piss out my cars, like the young dumb a$$ I was, or do the stupider version & haul a$$, until all the tickets started to pile up... There also was a large Shopping mall, Sunrise Mall in the burbs at that time, they had some very large muti-story parking structures next to the mall stores 3 -4 stories high, it would really rumble off the walls & parking structures there too... Good luck in flatland finding a tunnel, parking garage or even long underpass...LOL... Caldicott Tunnel {nice & long} in the S.F. Bay Area kind of between East bay suburbs & S.F. off hwy 680 freeway east/west, it was a blast late at night when traffic was really low....

When I get my dual exhaust in, you can bet I'm headed straight for the Caldecott Tunnel! On the way I'll be crossing the San Rafael-Richmond bridge, which is the best place to open 'er up in the middle of the night in the Bay Area.

Back to the thread. Only long tunnels I can find in IN are rail only. Looks like you gotta drive to KY:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumberland_Gap_Tunnel

Go to Newport News VA for a nice tunnel... underwater for a mile or so, and the first time you might even get disoriented... first time I went thru it on a bike, when I finally quit going down and hit the flat, I thought I was still going down, then when I started up, I thought I was on the flat, imagine how shook I was when finally I popped out in the sunshine.

Auto Transport Service
Back