• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Idler Arm

Drive pickle fork in put the nut 4 turns and hit it from the bottom. Be careful pickle fork doesn't get you.

Headers...responsible for the creation of more swear-word phrases, ever.

Got it off! What a pain in the butt that was. Funny, I kept pounding at the pickle fork and smackeds the stud with a small sledge hammer and it popped out. Thanks for all the suggestions!

67 b body. Tried a pickle fork and zip gun and it still won't seperate from the drag link. I've got limited space as in I don' have access to a lift. Any tricks to get this off?
Big Al, just went thru this three days ago, was installing a super stock oil pan with the hole in the middle. the whole thing had to come off anyway so I took it loose at the k-member, my tie rods came off with out any trauma, then took it over to the vice and chucked it up, it took about 20 seconds of hammering with the air hammer to get it off. it may be or not be an option, I had to take my drag link off anyway so it wasn't an issue. greased the **** out of it before I put it back though. Dave.

Glad to see you got it. I would have recommended taking it for a ride down a bumpy road with the nut off. Worked for me. LOL

DSCN2777 (2).JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back