• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If It Can Go Wrong One in a Million It Will Happen To ME.

71RR

Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
I have just found out that my crank shaft has 8 bolts in the rear flange. I am, or was, pulling out a 727 and putting in a Brewers 4 speed. Their flywheel, as with all others I am told, only have 6. Anyone know what the deal might be with the crank? Industrial engine, stroked freak motor, built on a monday and they just decided to put 8 in this one. If anyone has a solution, or knows where I can get an 8 bolt flywheel that will work with the rest of the 4 speed, please let me know. The motor is, or was supose to be, a 426 wedge that I bought already built. Any help appreciated.

"Stroked freak motor". What the hell is that exactly? If you want help, some real specifics instead of made up stuff will be more helpful. It's entirely possible you have a 413 or at the very least a 413 crankshaft. I've never seen an industrial 426. Maybe some block numbers.

Yes, it is drilled and the pilot bushing Brewers sent will fit the hole. I just talked to Mcleods and they said that I have a real hemi crank. The block I know is a 426. They do offer a steel 8 bolt f wheel to solve my problem. But, if there are 2 8bolt patterns, and one is more bastard than the other, guess which one I will have!:angryfire:

There are more than 2 8 bolt patterns and more than two flange types. How they know you have a "real hemi crank" is beyond me without any forging numbers. I would want to be dead sure.

Rusty, you are taking this too serious, nothing that throwing money at it wont eventually solve. Been doing it for a long time now, and still married.

Ok. Knock it out boy. Been through the same thing. Was trying to help. But I'll stop.

Agree, they just want to sell you a Hemi wheel. Good chance that its the early 413 crank. May still be a 426W block with a 413 crank.

I better sent measurement specs to Mcleod and make sure that I get the right one. Thanks for the heads up.

You could use your existing flex plate, trace the holes on a piece of paper and send them that to make sure they get the right one.

Auto Transport Service
Back