• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm bored sooooo!

OldFolksMopar

Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
Now that the car is gone, I'm bored to death. I have these pieces of oak that I cut from a tree the neighbor had taken down. The pieces are 24" diameter and 6 inches thick. I was going to make a table out of them until I found out how heavy they are. So, I cut one up with the chain saw about 1 1/2 inches thick. By the time I got done smoothing out my saw marks with a planner it is about 1 1/4 now. I thought nice. I came out the next morning to proceed with the table and to my surprise, the wood warped outward in a perfect circle.

Anyway this is what I came up with. I made a clock out of it. The first picture is what my wife of 42 years came up with. It was ok but it was not big enough for me. I took some thin tin and made the hands and the second hand. I had some small numbers and placed them on it. They will be changed to much bigger #'s. The second picture is what I came up with. Then I couldn't leave well enough alone and painted the hands which is now done.

Been fun to make.

PIC_0145.jpgPIC_0149.jpgPIC_0152.jpgPIC_0153.jpgPIC_0154.jpg

I thought E was for Edsel !!:eusa_wall:

Attachments

• PIC_0145.jpg
    PIC_0145.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 183
Dry your logs next time long and slow. They will not have the warpage of wet wood. Then cut over size after it dries out again finish to size . You will have a flat surface just make sure you seal it or it will draw moisture and crack.

Nice.

Idle hands...

May I suggest you do a YouTube reality show of your own taking videos of your skills helping fellow FBBO members with our projects.

Better off to keep them moist and drop them off on the neighborhood asshole's front steps in a flaming paper bag.

LOL. You grew up as a troubled youth, didn't you?

OldFolksMopar. I think the clock is a neat idea. In my younger years I enjoyed woodworking. As I aged, cars became more of an interest. Both hobbies require attention to detail. Keep up the good work.

D

You knew when you responded to this with your comments, it would warrant a response. I've attempted to respond to this several times, but every time I do, I would get rude and crude and I won't go there. However, RC look under your Hellcat, it may smell a little.
I was bored man, I built it and it was fun to do. Whether you like it or not. Thank goodness opinions are like ********.

Mopar3B, the wood had been sitting for over a year. But thanks for the comment.
TheMechanic, shoot man, that would never work for me. Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Man, it was just fun, nothing more.

Better off to keep them moist and drop them off on the neighborhood asshole's front steps in a flaming paper bag.
Have an asshole neighbor ? Put them in his car when he's on vacation. I guarantee it works well.

Auto Transport Service
Back