• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Im Building a 70 out of AMD Metal, Any Tips?

RXTREME

Local time
10:21 AM
Reaction score
The rockers are tacked together, everything else is clamped as a mock up. Waiting for the floor and some other parts to make sure everything is straight and fits. Any tips? I have a real charger sitting next to my project im using for measurements and blueprints!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I might start a youtube channel. I have an insta for this build its brand new so to keep up its rxtreme_1

Interesting, I'll be watching

hell yeah.......you did ask for tips, I always start with doors fitting in the opening

I'd have doors hanging and lined up, in the center of the adjustments; when you can, prior to any welding

bottom of the door parallel to the rocker....... this will help getting the quarters on straight

and I use this instead of expensive aerosol........ divide it into 4 quarts and you have enough to build multiple cars; or give a quart to a friend!........ I apply it with a brush

1716059906768.png

20221223_174507.jpg
20221223_174513.jpg

Last edited:
Curious what your plans are for license and title. In TX does it get named on the title as "1970 Charger", "custom car", "experimental", or what?

Curious what your plans are for license and title. In TX does it get named on the title as "1970 Charger", "custom car", "experimental", or what?
Im not sure yet… havent thought that far. Im just assuming theres some way to do it especially in Tx

What do you mean? The frame of the dash? I have one. But its no where near ready for that yet.

he was asking about titling the car...... it already has one if you have a dash frame and VIN; no need to complicate your simple rust repair

Auto Transport Service
Back