• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Im Building a 70 out of AMD Metal, Any Tips?

Camracing on YouTube is doing something similar. Kid is talented.

Camracing on YouTube is doing something similar. Kid is talented.
He is definitely talented and has great ambition but has sidetracked himself terribly and is picky about the weirdest stuff! It seems like he is his own worst enemy when it comes to actually completing his project. All I can say is KISS, keep it simple stupid. I can't stand watching that channel anymore.

I'll be following along. Did you make your frame rack? Where did you get your plans from?

and I use this instead of expensive aerosol........ divide it into 4 quarts and you have enough to build multiple cars; or give a quart to a friend!........ I apply it with a brush

View attachment 1664910

View attachment 1664911View attachment 1664912
general cost savings tip. A good portion of what Grainger sells can be found on Zoro(online consumer branch of Grainger) for a lower initial price and 20% coupons are easy to come by. Get the manufacturer part number off of Grainger and punch it in over at Zoro and stretch your hard earned cash as far as possible

The rockers are tacked together, everything else is clamped as a mock up. Waiting for the floor and some other parts to make sure everything is straight and fits. Any tips? I have a real charger sitting next to my project im using for measurements and blueprints!

View attachment 1664897

View attachment 1664898

View attachment 1664899

View attachment 1664900

View attachment 1664901
An uncle of mine published annual books for body shops that gave measurable points for every vehicle to assure the body is square. Often the measurements given by manufacturers wasn't practical. The books were exclusive to body shops with a subscription. If you could find one of those, it might help fitting the panels together. The business was sold and he has passed, so I don't know how you could get that information. Check with an old establish body shop maybe.

general cost savings tip. A good portion of what Grainger sells can be found on Zoro(online consumer branch of Grainger) for a lower initial price and 20% coupons are easy to come by. Get the manufacturer part number off of Grainger and punch it in over at Zoro and stretch your hard earned cash as far as possible
How are you easily getting 20% coupons at Zoro? For the first 6 months or so that I created an account, they would send me 20% off. But the last couple of years all I can get are 10% coupons.

I'll be following along. Did you make your frame rack? Where did you get your plans from?
I just used cam racing off one of his youtube videos to save me some time! Its built its in the photos

Auto Transport Service
Back