• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner rockers question.

VicsGarage

Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice here.

I got my floors out. Next I'm gonna remove the floor braces and then clean up my inner rockers. I plan to use those 3m scotch brite pads and maybe my little sand blaster for those nooks and crannies the pads wont get into.

After getting them down to the metal I'm gonna have to cover them in something to prevent them rusting up again. My end state goal is to cover the bottom of my car in either Line X type bed coating, or maybe lizard skin. Not sure yet.

What would you coat the inner rockers with to protect them with in the meantime until my floor and rails are all done?

Thanks.

Epoxy primer. I did the entire bottom with it and then top coated with Raptor bed liner-tinted gray.
Mike
IMG_2281.JPG

Thanks..
I ordered a desiccant air dryer for my compressor. I'm not to keen on buying the epoxy cans at $30 a pop and wasting half of it. I figured etching would be cheaper and easier, given I can pick up a few cans at the local big box store, but I want to do it right and do it once.

What's your thoughts on a product like this https://www.clausenautobody.com/proddetail.php?prod=rust-defender that has rust inhibitor in it?

I had someone recommend this.

I'm wondering about maybe using this while still assembling everything. Then when its all assembled, hit it with epoxy, then liner.

Hows that sound? This product would be easier for these small jobs given it comes in a spray can. Vs mixing epoxy just to shoot my rockers which I still have to weld my pan to.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Says its a 2k epoxy. No hardener required, long shelf life. Would be perfect for these small jobs along the way. $25 on amazon, so not stupid expensive for a can either.

Auto Transport Service
Back