• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing an Edelbrock PRO- FLO 4 XT on a 440 (Lets open the Box)

Thanks everyone.. Pop's had a good run at was at total peace with his passing... Just doing the cleanup and looking to buy the car he never got.. A Barracuda .

Outside his old Office/Labs

IMG_20190817_094227_289.jpg

That’s funny Dennis!^^^^^^^

Plus Dennis, that stop is part of my famous Pasadena tour.

Still working.. I will get a picture of where I am at..

Sadly my Father passed away on Monday, so I will have to park the project for a bit.
Sorry to learn of this, friend. I know that you were the good son, helping him out the best that you could. Losing a Parent is a strange and sad thing. Rest knowing that he surely was grateful that he had you to help him in his time of need.

Sorry to learn of this, friend. I know that you were the good son, helping him out the best that you could. Losing a Parent is a strange and sad thing. Rest knowing that he surely was grateful that he had you to help him in his time of need.
Thank you...

So, been running for a few weeks and all I can say is AWESOME!!!

I was invited to bring the car to Sammy Hagar's High Tide Beach Party.. Going to be a good time.. I want to get the hood back on before that..

So, been running for a few weeks and all I can say is AWESOME!!!

I was invited to bring the car to Sammy Hagar's High Tide Beach Party.. Going to be a good time.. I want to get the hood back on before that..
Man, that sounds like a fun gig! Enjoy. Pics.

I helped with a Pro Flo install a few weeks back. Nice looking system and it ran okay once we got the correct tune loaded but the lack of any sort of data logging was a bummer. It also seemed to be a closed system with no ability to expand so I decided it wasn't the system for me. Might be an okay system for a turn key type of car though. Glad to hear it is working for you.

Sorry to hear about your father.

I have the Old version of the Pro-Flow XT. Same intake and such, just different electronics (no wide-band O2 or self-learning). For the air filter part, the hardest part to find was the coupler from the throttle body to air filter tubing. Been awhile, but I think the throttle body is like 4.25"? and I was using 4" spectra air intake tubing.
I went with the Pro-Flow XT because the overall height is lower than a 4-bbl (RPM intake) with air cleaner setup and would fit under the stock '69 Coronet Hood.
Before they came out with this updated system, I bought a Fast 2.0 Controller (wide-band, self learning, and more..) to adapt to the Pro-Flow XT.
The Horse Power rating is just based off the injector size (I think 35 lbs/hour?) and regulator that comes with the kit. I think the Throttle Body flows 1,000+ CFM?
I am also using the Spectra EFI tank. It has a Walbro 225 LPH pump. Just make sure the connection terminals are not rotated on the inside and touching the brace. First time I went to fire up the car, I blew the pump fuse because the pump power was shorted there. Sounds like you have it running, so you know the tanks pressure and return lines are barbed 3/8" and 5/16".
It will likely run better with the air intake on and the air intake temp sensor in the intake.

I helped with a Pro Flo install a few weeks back. Nice looking system and it ran okay once we got the correct tune loaded but the lack of any sort of data logging was a bummer. It also seemed to be a closed system with no ability to expand so I decided it wasn't the system for me. Might be an okay system for a turn key type of car though. Glad to hear it is working for you.

Yeah getting the correct tune is a bit of work due to a Software issue..
I feel you on the Data Logging, I am going to put something together as a through put to a Dakota Digital.
The price point is/was fantastic.. While not expandable or outside tuneable (Does offer a lot of tuning options, but not enough) It gives you a great base to build on and other then a connector, you could probably swap in a different PCM of your choice.

Sounds like I need to buy your book...

Working on the car, have it running and Boom..
View attachment 761065
This little Bastard decides to jump ship!!

Luckily it is on the Passenger rear side of the block!
Sorry to hear about your dad. That looks like the typical Chevy freeze plug which is what you get in the freeze plug kits, 1 5/8". Mopar is 1 41/64" which is just a little bigger and a shallower cup.

Sorry to hear about your father.

I have the Old version of the Pro-Flow XT. Same intake and such, just different electronics (no wide-band O2 or self-learning). For the air filter part, the hardest part to find was the coupler from the throttle body to air filter tubing. Been awhile, but I think the throttle body is like 4.25"? and I was using 4" spectra air intake tubing.
I went with the Pro-Flow XT because the overall height is lower than a 4-bbl (RPM intake) with air cleaner setup and would fit under the stock '69 Coronet Hood.
Before they came out with this updated system, I bought a Fast 2.0 Controller (wide-band, self learning, and more..) to adapt to the Pro-Flow XT.
The Horse Power rating is just based off the injector size (I think 35 lbs/hour?) and regulator that comes with the kit. I think the Throttle Body flows 1,000+ CFM?
I am also using the Spectra EFI tank. It has a Walbro 225 LPH pump. Just make sure the connection terminals are not rotated on the inside and touching the brace. First time I went to fire up the car, I blew the pump fuse because the pump power was shorted there. Sounds like you have it running, so you know the tanks pressure and return lines are barbed 3/8" and 5/16".
It will likely run better with the air intake on and the air intake temp sensor in the intake.
I am a manifold Hoarder.. I have a problem.
dGCjl2SOCem2ABTLb8mB2lNHAEOFY3SXRj-hOK58T9XeGOUicH3XDxZdDD_jp8u_tOGTGzxanQy_pxS84A=w1364-h663-no.jpg

I was planning on doing what you did, until I saw the price of Pro-Flo 4 and seeing and hearing Dennis H's car running with it..

I have a Tanks Inc tank with 300ish LPH pump running 2 3/8's lines for pressure and return..

The Air cleaner is going to be a on going battle, but I will win!!

Sorry to hear about your dad. That looks like the typical Chevy freeze plug which is what you get in the freeze plug kits, 1 5/8". Mopar is 1 41/64" which is just a little bigger and a shallower cup.

You would think I would know this by now..

I could not find a picture of my filter setup, but right now it is just a 90-degree turn from the Throttle body to clear the radiator, and then a 120 degree tube going to a cone type filter that basically lays on top the drivers side valve cover. Right now i am re-wiring the car and moving the battery to the trunk, so I will have room to put the filter where the battery used to be.
On the Thermostat Housing, I originally tried a cheap 90-degree one, but it did not seal good, so I used a CVR 90-Degree Swivel housing that has an "O"-ring seal, and it works good, no leaks at all.

Turn key is the GOAL.

Auto Transport Service
Back