• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing an Edelbrock PRO- FLO 4 XT on a 440 (Lets open the Box)

Looks like a Dakota Digital gauge panel.
Other than the gauges, what info are you using the LCD data panels to display?
Digital display of Speed, I have to play with it more.. I also have the Data connector for the Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 so I pull coolant temp from that.

I am considering trying the small left and right mirror image LCD displays to show my A/F ratio from my Innovate Motorsports dual wideband O2 sensor system. Also looking to see if the 5v trigger that can be activated as a "warning" can light up a stand alone LED shift light, otherwise I'll have to use a 5v triggered relay, Dakota Digital triggers the relay to power on the shift light.
Originally I bought it just because the gauges are so much easier to see at night, but since I've had mine for so long, waiting to get it installed, I've learned about more of what its capabilities are, and they are pretty impressive!

I am considering trying the small left and right mirror image LCD displays to show my A/F ratio from my Innovate Motorsports dual wideband O2 sensor system. Also looking to see if the 5v trigger that can be activated as a "warning" can light up a stand alone LED shift light, otherwise I'll have to use a 5v triggered relay, Dakota Digital triggers the relay to power on the shift light.
Originally I bought it just because the gauges are so much easier to see at night, but since I've had mine for so long, waiting to get it installed, I've learned about more of what its capabilities are, and they are pretty impressive!

Yeah the PF4 monitors one side O2 sensor and I want to watch the other side for Shits and Giggles.

I want to watch the other side for Shits and Giggles
I understand that with the EFI the A/F ratio is handled by them dang fancy electronicals witchcraft...lol.
For me, it's a good "status" tool in real time, and when I make the time, very soon, what I expect to be an outstanding tuning tool for my 6bbl, and timing advance to some degree as well, since I have vacuum advance, I think the A/F ratio data can help me determine the efficiency of the burn off of the fuel under part throttle conditions...Make sense?

Took the Car out for a 120 mile cruise for the Quarantine Cruise in Orange County, CA. Car ran flawless and never missed a beat.

Looks like the voltmeter was showing a low number.
Dakota Digital, right?

Here is mine.
Ginger 106.JPG

Ginger 102.JPG

I understand that with the EFI the A/F ratio is handled by them dang fancy electronicals witchcraft...lol.
For me, it's a good "status" tool in real time, and when I make the time, very soon, what I expect to be an outstanding tuning tool for my 6bbl, and timing advance to some degree as well, since I have vacuum advance, I think the A/F ratio data can help me determine the efficiency of the burn off of the fuel under part throttle conditions...Make sense?
Totally Agree, I watch the AFR's for the one side on the Edelbrock EFI display..

Brother and Sister taking first ride together in 40 year in the Charger.

Cold Start fire up, just twist the key.

:thumbsup: Dakota Digital :bananadance:
Looks great! I got the same gauge set but with red backlighting. The blue backlight is beautiful and pleasant to see, but I chose the red so as to not affect my night vision.

Somehow I've bypassed this thread for a long time... Was reading it early on then missed it..... Truly sorry to hear about your dad... BTDT miss him every day & I'm sure you do to....

Pretty cool how EFI has become accepted... Systems that can handle the cams we run & actually make them seem pretty tame, twist the key stone cold & it'll start and idle... Takes off & acts like a normal daily driver while still able to make power.... Kinda nice...

Getting close to starting my 69 pro flo. Need some help on getting located cables bracketed right to tie into foot feed and kick down. Can you help?

View attachment 1032264
I would give a call to LOKAR.. I am running a manual trans so I was able to just run a throttle cable.. You might also want to look at replacing or Modifying the Gas pedal for more throw.. I don't think I am getting full throttle..

When you installed your ProFlo XT4 manifold, what did you use for a valley cover set up and gaskets please

Auto Transport Service
Back