• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing new Strange axles, new or old style strange bearing

Ratfink Super Bee

Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
I am going to install a new set of Strange Engineering street/strip axles in my 8-3/4 rear end on my 69 Super Bee. The axle package includes your choice of bearings ,Timken tapered style , Strange new style Mopar or Strange old style Mopar. The old and new style both have the o ring that eliminates the old inner seal . I am assuming that the strange bearings are similar to the Green bearing design or may even be Green bearings . If any of you have purchased a Strange axle recently or know which one is better /easier to go with please let me know. The new style comes with the spirolok Let me know ,Thank you !

IMG_20170211_170437.jpg

Leave the inner seals in and go with the later green bearings with the snap ring. That's my opinion and your sure to get others.

Either snap ring style will do the same job.I have Strange in the 65.Installed in 2004. Standard Green type bearing,I got the axles with the bearings installed and 3'' studs.Still on the job..

Yeah ,I'm going with the new style Mopar bearings and having Strange install them also with 3 " screw in studs . Do you know what the axle flange diameter is off hand ?

For the same cost I'd go hands down with the Timken.

Auto Transport Service
Back