• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introduction

68 moparmadness

Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
Hey, I'm 68 moparmadness I've been a Mopar guy since I was 18 & bought my 1st Coronet 500. I was hooked the 1st time I floored it & my head was thrown into the headrest. Now I'm 63 & still love the rush I get being plastered against the back of the seat when I stand on the pedal in my 68 Coronet. This was the year I wanted back when I bought my 66 Coronet but didn't have the extra $50.00 for the 68. I worked all summer to save the $175.00 to buy the 66. My Coronet that I have now was a 318, 904, 8 3/4 originally. I put a 360, 727 set up in it to save the 318 for a future rebuild, but after having the power difference between the 318 & 360 I just don't know if I want to go back to the under powered 318. I've rebuilt the front suspension & added a factory sway bar from an R/T model when lower control arm needed replacing. I replaced the shackles & bushings & front leaf spring bushings & pinion snubber. I have an Edelbrock Performer series intake w/a Holly 625 single pumper carb. It had a mild Lunati cam in it when I bought it & I added a high flow water pump to keep it cooler in the So. Cal. High Deserts heat. I molded the foam & made the patterns for the front & rear seats & my wife did the necessary stitching. I have 14x8 Keystones in the rear & Magnum 500 14x7's in the front all wrapped in BFG's. I replaced the fuel tank because of a hole & replaced the sending unit while I was at it. I rebuilt the factory drum brakes but now have the components for a front disc upgrade. I rebuilt all of the gages along w/the factory AM radio & replaced all of the foam in the heater box. The wife & I molded the carpet & padded to factory specs. The Mistress (as my wife calls her) go to cruise night & local car shows as often as we can. We have also taken her to Parker Az. Chico, Oroville, & San Francisco. Although the thing is detailed it is still a car & they were ment to be driven. And trust me, the wife & drive the wheels off that little bitch.

Welcome from Michigan. Need some pics.:xscuseless:

Welcome from SE PA!

We'd love to see some pictures of your car!

Hawk

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! 440'

Welcome from Utah!
318 's are okay but there's no replacement for displacement. 318's make great coffee tables...

@68 moparmadness
43882168-E3E8-48DF-BA14-E83951850090.jpeg
DBCD0E53-117A-46D3-862B-1D0C699F4AC4.gif

Welcome from NJ!

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome from Missouri!! Who doesn't like coronet's!

Auto Transport Service
Back