• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Star Wars Rogue One even worth the $2 redbox rental fee???

Better than Dune? Now that was a great movie. I have the longer director's cut. Surprised that they haven't remade that movie.
Glad they haven't remade it. All the latest remakes have sucked balls. Point Break, Total Recall, ect. All ****

If you're a hard core Star Wars fan that's been underwhelmed with episodes 1-3 (and 7), check out Disney's (yes, Disney) Star Wars Rebels animated series.

It's WAY, and I can't stress that enough, WAY better than the last few movies.

It's a bit predictable, but the writing is really good.

I haven't seen Rouge One yet, bit I plan to.

Episodes 1-3 seem rushed, and almost dumbed down, with lots of convenient coincidences at crucial moments, and lots of silly and implausible content.

The original is an awfully high benchmark to try to live up to, but IMO, Lucas and Co. kind of dropped the ball.

I agree with the remake/re-imagine/reboot fails.

I don't really care for the new Star Trek series, either. It's "OK" if I consciously divorce it from any others.

I will submit, however, that except for just a couple of hokey episodes, the 2012-ish Battlestar Galactica series was excellent. Much more gritty and realistic, with good writing.

...and I'm nervous about the upcoming Blade Runner sequel.

If you're a hard core Star Wars fan that's been underwhelmed with episodes 1-3 (and 7), check out Disney's (yes, Disney) Star Wars Rebels animated series.

It's WAY, and I can't stress that enough, WAY better than the last few movies.

It's a bit predictable, but the writing is really good.

I haven't seen Rouge One yet, bit I plan to.

Episodes 1-3 seem rushed, and almost dumbed down, with lots of convenient coincidences at crucial moments, and lots of silly and implausible content.

The original is an awfully high benchmark to try to live up to, but IMO, Lucas and Co. kind of dropped the ball.
Rogue One is alot like Empire Strikes back.
It's got a good plot that ties into Episode 4.
I liked it.

...and I'm nervous about the upcoming Blade Runner sequel.

Why do they feel the need to remake movies? Blade Runner was a classic with no need to try and improve it.

It's not a remake, it's a sequel.

Back in the very early 90's I read a book that was a sequel.
I don't think it was by Phillip K. Dick, though.

It was very good, and answered a lot of questions.
Not sure if that's the basis for the new movie or not.

BTW, I've been impressed with all the Philip K Dick material I've ever seen/read.
He's very good getting the reader to suspend disbelief.

Blade Runner (1982), Total Recall (1990), Minority Report (2002), A Scanner Darkly (2006), Paycheck (2003), Next (2007), and The Adjustment Bureau (2011)

...and more recently-The Man in the High Castle on netflix, IIRC

I'm no fan of Star Wars movies at all, kids loved them all,
but for only $2 you really can't get hurt much...

Anyone read any of the "Young Han Solo" comics?

I'd watch a thousand TV style episodes of characters adventures in the episode 4 time frame.

I'd also watch a thousand TV style episodes of a cop show set in the 1st Mad Max time frame "universe".

They don't even have to be Harrison Ford/Mel Gibson, just the "feel" of the environment and good writing.

I really liked it, the Force Awakens is probably my favorite out of all of them though. Never liked the actor that played Luke and then didn't like the Anican character but the Force Awakens...... yeah, I liked her!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I watched it tonight. It wasn't cheesy like the Lucas versions, the action and story kept going and it was a great set up for Episode IV.

I vote 'yes'.

Auto Transport Service
Back