• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this an original Mopar green?

Richie

Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi everybody:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this green on this 68 Super Bee looks like an original Mopar green and what is the code for it? Thanks
52767786309_bd5c4b77c9_z.jpg

I don't think it is a factory Mopar green. Looks to dark to be 69 rallye and to flashy to be 66 dark green. Who knows though, guys are always modifying paint formulas to get the look they like.

I don't think it is a factory 1968 green.

But I wouldn't bet ten cents either way. I have no idea, and computer pics are notoriously inaccurate.

I don't think it is a factory 1968 green.

But I wouldn't bet ten cents either way. I have no idea, and computer pics are notoriously inaccurate.
I agree 100% with that. Here's one. Does this look dark enough for EE-1 Dark Blue Polly? I like it but when it gets super dark I don't like it much. Maybe it's because it's indoors that it looks lighter.

52360436013_81eed88e8e_b.jpg

Doesn't look original from the picture. Looks closer to my 74' New Yorker Dark Sherwood Green.

20200312_172257.jpg

20200312_172235.jpg

Seems like I remember something called Spring Green in the 68 or 69 year range that looked similar. The closest I can find is 69 EF6, called rally green by Plymouth.
Dodge Garage | News

Last edited:
LL1 Medium dark turquoise metallic. I just wanted to show off my car, but it might be the same color.
20230107_163921.jpg

Those fluorescent lights in those "picture rooms" distort everything.

Must see in person in natural light.

Looks like 70's corvette imron green. my car was painted that color(not by choice) when I had the body work done originally back in high school. The body man knew I'd love it. to be fair, it looked good when it was clean....

Looks like 70's corvette imron green. my car was painted that color(not by choice) when I had the body work done originally back in high school. The body man knew I'd love it. to be fair, it looked good when it was clean....
Same story, but it was imron red on a Charger. A fleet color I believe.

On the original question I agree, that wasn't based on a factory color

Auto Transport Service
Back