• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this real? Should we buy it?

Beautifully done car restomod original debatable I think you find a nice original super bee restored for that price range but if you like the car and want to drive it and can get along without the originality and and price range is right go for it

I wouldn’t go by condition on the BCS, it all depends on how the car was used and stored.
When I bought the Daytona back in 1985 the first thing I did was pull the BCS out from behind the back seat.
It was super nice and went in an acid free folder in a water/fire proof safe with humidity control. It looks like the day I pulled it out back in ‘85.

Last edited:
I agree that the build sheet is a fake. That's a 53 year old piece of paper that wasn't meant to last this long. There is only one spring mark on it. This is mine. Notice the tatered edges and browning commensurate with age.

View attachment 1332805

I've owned a number of cars with absolutely pristine broadcast sheets... Is the new rule "if it's to good it'a gotta be fake"???

The build sheet might be original. On my 69 Charger, I found one build sheet under the rear seat bottom that was for an earlier VIN Charger and found the correct one for my car behind the rear seat back. Both were green interior cars. The seat bottom one was beat up and had a lot of spring marks. The correct one is almost pristine and has only one back spring mark. I took a photo of the correct one before removing it. It was only tucked under one spring section.

IMG_7732.JPG

IMG_7736.JPG

I've owned a number of cars with absolutely pristine broadcast sheets... Is the new rule "if it's to good it'a gotta be fake"???
I really don’t know how one fakes a broadcast sheet anyway. Yes, it’s nice to have the original-but I know of original cars that never had a broadcast sheet left in them at the factory.
Ex: there is a ‘69 Q5 A12 RR locally here that never had one.
Documented from new and well known back to the selling dealer in ‘69.
Does no BCS make it worth less? Me thinks not.
Then there’s previous owners shenanigans. My A12 Bee had 2 Broadcast Sheets in it at one time.
One in the front pass side seat bottom springs that someone tore out and only left a part of it there(could’ve been done at the factory).
The other had been in the top rear seat springs, which the previous owner cut to fit around a 4 point bolt in roll bar, when I asked about it back in ‘81 his reply was: “Yeah, there was a paper behind the seat but it was in the way of the roll bar so I just threw it out.”
My car is well documented back to the selling dealership. Does the lack of BCS make it worth less?
Read about it here:
SIX PACK TO GO BEE

Last edited:
I really don’t know how one fakes a broadcast sheet anyway. Yes, it’s nice to have the original-but I know of original cars that never had a broadcast sheet left in them at the factory.
Ex: there is a ‘69 Q5 A12 RR locally here that never had one.
Documented from new and well known back to the selling dealer in ‘69.
Does no BCS make it worth less? Me thinks not.
Then there’s previous owners shenanigans. My A12 Bee has 2 Broadcast Sheets in it at one time.
One in the front pass side seat bottom springs that someone tore out and only left a part of it there(could’ve been done at the factory).
The other had been in the top rear seat springs, which the previous owner cut to fit around a 4 point bolt in roll bar, when I asked about it back in ‘81 his reply was: “Yeah, there was a paper behind the seat but it was in the way of the roll bar so I just threw it out.”
My car is well documented back to the selling dealership. Does the lack of BCS make it worth less?
Read about it here:
SIX PACK TO GO BEE
I think the issue here is that the broadcast sheet looked to be fake, and if it is fake what else are they fabricating. It's really about trust. Did they fake the BC sheet to make the car look more legitimate, get more money? If the car is solid there's no need to do that.

Auto Transport Service
Back