• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's been 4 months now and I can't get the body shop to get me an update

I was looking into having my car painted at a place called Shelly's auto body in Danielsville, PA. Anybody heard of them? Any reviews? What do you guys think?

I was looking into having my car painted at a place called Shelly's auto body in Danielsville, PA. Anybody heard of them? Any reviews? What do you guys think?
Talk to DennisH about that place before committing.

You'll give Dennis a stroke with that post.
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm glad that Dennis, JBMopar, and others let people know about there bad experiences to hopefully save somebody else the nightmare. This kind of thing seems to happen way to often.

I'm sorry to hear about all the crap they did to your beautiful bird. Scum sucking bastards like that don't deserve to exist! I hope you find someone close that can do the work and won't eff you over. Sadly, they seem to be getting fewer and far between these days.

So, the cars home. been fixing a few things like encapsulating some of the rusty suspension parts and re painting them. Got the front and rear windows out. Not sure what to do with them, they are not in great shape. Love the fact that the factory color, it sure looks nice. Will have to replace the rear filler deck, I am hoping the state can get the one I bought and dropped off to those ******** its an AMD part. got a guy locally that was a recommendation from a friend coming out Monday night to check out the car. Funny thing when I looked at the dash it was only being held on with 2 bolts out of 5, 1 of the missing 3 was rusted and snapped off in the clip lol got all new ones coming from 521 restos. but that oe paint looks good.

Also found out that car has had two paint jobs, the first one looks like they tried to get close to the OE color but went more gold than bronze, then this crappy red over all that.

New body shop on the line, will be dropping her off first of June for a 4 month body and paint. :) Local to me too best part.

As you can see most of us have had experiences with the body shops well I hit the guy who doing my front fenders because after more than a year this @#$& could not finish my fenders; I now I lost money but at least have the satisfaction of seeing his face with a purple eye get your car now

Resurrected at JB's request.

Please keep it civil as well - this is here for others to learn from mistakes that were made. :thumbsup:

The only updates to this drama is the second complaint I filed with the state is closed, the state fined them $5000 and suspended their license for 30 days pending a cluster of complaints the state is taking to the DA office to see if there is enough to prosecute them. in the meantime the state inspector was able to get my original deck filler plate back which I thought would have been long gone so I bought another one for the new shop, and after getting it back sold it here to another member :) he got a hell of a deal too lol so at this point everyone in my camp and the BAR in the state agency consider it done and over. As much as I would like to drop a nuke on this ******** place or have a drone fly over and send a sparrow through his keyhole and up his ***.

Well, the word is out on him now and you got your car back. That's about the only way you can look at it. Keep us posted on your progress!

Would love to hear your saga is over - car is back and you've found a reliable shop that completes the work you want at a reasonable price. You put the word out on this clown and no one will go there after this cluster.....

Auto Transport Service
Back