• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's been 4 months now and I can't get the body shop to get me an update

I just went through this myself, and my shop guy is now in jail. :) I got my car back, but not my parts, and now I have to wait until the trial or a plea agreement to get any restitution from the guy.

I just went through this myself, and my shop guy is now in jail. :) I got my car back, but not my parts, and now I have to wait until the trial or a plea agreement to get any restitution from the guy.

That's a bugger to hear Bruzilla, but at least you got your car back out of the deal. I hope that Big Man's situation turns out but from all the crap he's been fed I doubt anyone wouldn't be surprized if the Runner ends up being long gone. Hope not.

One of my cars, prior to me owning it was at a body shop for some work and when it came back the trim tag had been stolen from under the hood!

Any updates? Just wondering if the body shop is coming through this time...

Wow. We don't do full paint at our shop. All metal and mechanical work and engine bay, cut in etc. We have had a few frame off restorations take up to 5 months but customers live close and stop by often. Some would stop almost daily. We always keep our customers updated with phone calls and photos of work in progress. We still use rope for hangings here in Texas.

Update - I have the trim parts off the car and have been busy cleaning and restoring what I can and repaling other items. The car should be stripped this week or next, and on or around May 10th it should be in my driveway. one issue is this shop has moved into its new digs but cannot get its permit for its paint booth wrapped up due to some sort of permit issue. if the owner tries to delay me again he is in for a big surprise.

Here are some update pics.

These came back missing a bolt and nut or two

Viniger and lemon juice cleans rust well

Got a new grill and bezels, can't believe the bezels cam scratched on the top these are the old ones

Last edited by a moderator:
This caught my eye as it looks like the same as the unit off my '71 SSP
20160402_111853852.jpg

Did you restore the clear bulb and base or find someone selling them?

Sounds like the natives are getting restless again. I'm one of them. What's going on with the RR?

Well car is home, nothing done except a bunch of rusty parts, still have to get my AMD deck filler from them but I will. Found another shop local willing to work with me on it. went up on a saturday they were closed, saw car was outside keys hanging out of the trunk lock, called AAA got a tow outta there, didn't even call the the shop owner. called my credit card got my money back. now have to spend weeks cleaning all the rusty stuff up again! its like stepping back 2 years and starting over. Filed another complaint with the state so they will assist me in getting my part back. I have to say this has been the worse experience with a shop I have ever had. have pics n stuff will post later if any still cares.

Hey, you have your car back AND your money!!! Could be worse. We all learned a lesson.

For what it's worth Bigman, I would just walk away and forget that shop. Buying a replacement deck filler panel will be nothing compared to **** fight over a few dollars to get the one you already paid for back.
Great to hear you got the RR back. :thumbsup:

Wow, just read this thread, glad to hear you have your car back. I have my car in the body shop and it's been a great experience so far. I got really freaked out by reading other peoples horror stories so i treaded very carefully. Got estimates, etc.

Will be following your progress, good luck.

Glad to see you got your car back. Going forward, you might want to get some kind of a signed receipt. Anytime you call for an update and they do not give a reasonable answer, I would be on their doorstep the next day.

Good luck!!!

I'm glad the cars back home too! This could have turned out so much worse. What a rollercoaster of events you've gone through. I sure don't envy you. Here hoping everything turns out for the good!

Auto Transport Service
Back