• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jake is gone

Sonny Black

Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
Bad day for me on Wednesday, had to make one of the hardest decisions .....
to put my lab down....would have been 14 today.
we went huntin'. fishin', & car watching together.....even had breakfast together.

he also could put on a "show" doing triples, with a huge cast into the water....
no longer..........
....(lay down, get to his feet, nor sleep.) he just could not make it anymore....

bye buddy

Sorry to here about your Buddy , it's hard decision to make . Wish you the best!

fully understand that, mine was 15,,,, best friend "Mopar". HARD TO REPLACE A TRUE FRIEND....

Had to make that decision 2 times in the last 2 years with our kitties. Hardest thing I ever had to do. They don't understand and it breaks your heart, it did mine.
He'll be waiting for you Sonny.
God speed Jake.

Sorry to hear about Jake, it sure is tough.

Man I know this day is coming in my future.. My boy is 8 now but is 167lbs French Mastiff.. The bigger the dog the shorter the life.. I am very sorry for your lost... I have to admit that made me tear up... Got to get that out of my head and back to work.. god Bless you and your family.

Tough to say goodbye, sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss. It's been 2 years since I had to put my lab down. I still miss him. He was the best dog I've ever hunted over. He retrieved over 1500 birds for us in his career. Had to retire him at 11. I know my story doesn't help in your grief, but rest assured, you are not alone.....and it does get easier. Try concentrating on the good memories or his funny little quirks. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Here's my boy 'Woody' in action from a trip to North Dakota.

Attachments

• Huntingpics2004-05 018.jpg
    Huntingpics2004-05 018.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 451
Sonny, sorry to hear about Jake. Know that you gave him a great life, and the memories and friendship will last forever.

Hawk

Sorry you lost your friend. It helped me to heal by saving another life by rescuing from the kill shelter.

Sorry to hear. It's hard enough losing them, even harder having to make that decision.

Sorry to hear about that buddy. We had to put our Golden down a while back so I know how you feel.

Very sad. I had to make that same decision a few years ago. It's never easy.
Sorry you lost your buddy.

Sorry sonny that sucks dred the day to m gonna have to do the same with our lab! Best cure is a new puppy my choice a chocolate lab !:headbang:

Awe man that just sucks!! So sorry to hear that. I have a Yellow Lab "Chief" he is 10 or 11 (don't know for sure, got him from the pound when he was young.... best dog i have ever had. He has started to slow down and I know I am headed to where you are much sooner than I would like. But we have to let them go, it's so hard to see them decline and suffer and so tough to call it.

Stay strong and remember the good times with you bud!

wow, thank you all VERY MUCH for all the kind words....
also, just hearing about your companions helps a lot

thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back