• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jake is gone

Yes, just what Ron said. Except mine was our MaineCoon "Spazzy". Waiting at the front window to greet me at the door, follow me around the house and always near.
Even though we have others now, I still miss him. And to see him not well toward the end was just awful. It gets better but never goes away.
cover01.jpg

08-09-07_1231.jpg

Sorry Sonny for your loss, It will be a tuff day for me when I loose my little partner. She is always willing to listen which helps on the bad days. Time will help but it still hurts.

Sonny as I said before that I am so sorry for your loss as to me loosing a dog is one of the hardest things I have gone thru in life. As a guy who was just divorced said once..........why cant dogs live as long as people and women only live 10 to 15 years. I hate the fact that our beloved dogs only live about 15 years. I thought I would show you this pic which is me with my younger sister and my grandmother and we are with my Boxer dog named Turk. This was about 1969 as I believe I was 13. I loved that Boxer so much as he was just like my Labs as I could do anything to him and he would just lick my face. He was one of the nicest dogs I had ever seen and he was the first in my life I lost.
One thing I love about dogs is no matter how bad a day at work you may have had when you get home and go through the door these great dogs are always so happy to see you and will put you in a good mood every time. I can leave for 10 minutes and when you get home they will act like you were gone for a year. How can you not love a living being like that ? I know Jake had to have been a great dog Sonny and I am sure he is in a better place and I wish there was something I could do for you to stop the hurt. I hate to hear of anyone loosing thier animal they love as I know I consider my dogs one of my family members. I have lost 2 in my life so far and I know the 2 I have now wont live forever but remember its worth the hurt when you loose them to have had them in your life and to have spent all the great times with them. Ron

408435874.jpg

Ron, Thank you so much for the kind words. It is never easy to say good bye to your best friend. I know in time reminiscing about the great times I had with Jake will be easier, but for now, it's so difficult to see all those things that remind me of him. He was the best dog EVER. Kids (I have 15 grandchildren) would come up to him and grab his rawhide bone away and he never flinched.
It's so hard not having him greet me when I get home, tail wagging and excitement in his demeanor. The house is so quiet now, but I know my buddy is out of pain. Thanks again for sharing your story.

Thank you all for sharing your buddies stories........
S

- - - Updated - - -

I could not post a picture 'till today..July 4th 2014 JFYI

Attachments

• 4th jake.jpg
    4th jake.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 179
  • jake.jpg
    jake.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 178
Sorry to hear that. I have been in your shoes many times and it is tough. I have two 14 year old dogs right now. They are brother and sister that I got at eight weeks and I know their time is coming.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Well spoken ! Ron

the new guy 8 months old......looking out the front door ....who says a new one could be fun...this guy's a clown!:mek3:

he does "tricks' & will go Huntin' this year, soon I hope...

Attachments

• drears.jpg
    drears.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 150
Good for you brother on your new friend. On August 9th, 2014 I posted to your thread when you lost Jake. On August 15th of this year I had to let my old girl Cassie of 13 years go. I do not know if I'll ever be truly over her leaving my life. However, we now have a 3 year old female Lab mix rescue dog that looks amazingly like your new guy. Rambunctious and full of life! Enjoy your new buddy. God gave us dogs for a reason!

Very nice choice - I agree - and the circle of life continues ( gotta have our pets to love ! ) . . . Enjoy the new pet for many years to come ! !

He's looken' pretty big too

mine Elvis just turned 5 months on the 3rd

I still miss my ol' Lord Budnicks & Duke his predecessor
a little less frequently now thou...

It's great to have a pup again, well mostly...LOL

enjoy your new best friend

Attachments

• Elvis 10-22-2015 20 weeks on stairs #1.jpg
    Elvis 10-22-2015 20 weeks on stairs #1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 98
It's great to have a pup again, well mostly...LOL

I swore I'd never get another puppy . . . then I went and rescued a 5 month old Great Dane . . . WHAT was I thinking . . . ( best mistake I've made in years ! )

LMAO . . . I agree Budnicks ! ! ! ( smile )

I like others feel your pain. I had to give up Ozzy a Yellow Lab/ Golden Retriever mix. One fine dang dog. He was very smart and bigger than most labs more lab build with Goldie fur. He was 12, I was trying to act all tough well I didn't fool anybody. I miss him still. So I told the wife no more dogs for me. So she has a co-worker at the hospital that breeds English Block Head Labs.

http://onelovepoms.webs.com/tank-closeup-2yrs.JPG

I didn't want him, he is yellow... we pick him up and I still didn't want him. I didn't fuss about it I just didn't think he could be as good as Oz. We get him home and he gets use to the house ...trains quick. By accident on the second night he didn't have a name yet. I call for him and accidently "Ozzie" comes out. Well you know you cant use the same name. I decide he would be Oliver....and Ollie is his nickname. This guy is wild...super smart and like you guys say he's is as good as ole Oz...wont replace him but he is laying right here in the den right now...on the other sofa with his feet hanging off like a king. So when the time is right time will heal some of the hurt and maybe a good ole dog will come hang out with you.

Sorry to hear about Ozzie,
looks like Ollie will be a fun playmate too...
he's a good looken' guy

Attachments

• Dog Lab Ollie bkleenfltx @ FBBO tank-closeup-2yrs.jpg
    Dog Lab Ollie bkleenfltx @ FBBO tank-closeup-2yrs.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 119
wow. he looks a lot like ........my Clown!
8mo old

Attachments

• 20151101_121743.jpg
    20151101_121743.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 100
I feel your pain , had to do the same thing with my 14 year old lab, Java. Lost my Dad and my best hunting partner in the same year. I can still tear up thinking about both of those occasions. When you "grow up" with a dog he becomes as much a part of the family as anyone else. My father passed through age and nature, I had to agree to put down Java. I was heartbroken over having to force his demise. My condolences to you sir at your loss.

So glad to hear you have another awesome dog Sonny. Good for you. And he is a good looking boy. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back