• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jason's 68 coronet build

Off of ebay. I don't want to release the sellers name until I see how the handle the issue. Trying to give them the benifit of the doubt. Hopefully it was just a mix up and it is resolved quickly. How did the painting go Jim?

Take a look, stripes and clear tomorrow :)

I am officially at a stand still on reassembly. The next round of parts should be here this week. Guess it is time to get the hood scoop mounted and repaint the hood. Also need to paint the quarter panel extensions and some bolts. Low humidity will make for a good painting week! Probably need to start in on the steering column too.

I just ordered all the weather strip today from classic. Also ordered the vent window channel guides (the ones that attach to the front of the door glass). I hope they are the right ones, them suckers were expensive. I am removing the top screw on the vent window frame to install the side glass, I'm assuming that's why you asked.

The way I did it was to install the channel guide onto the side glass, install the side glass into the vent channel and then install as a single unit into the door.

I'm curious to see if your method works.

The cheap plastic guide channels I referred to are from Top Catwhiskers and the part # is CHRY32230. I paid $95 each per side for the mylar ones like the factory used. They have a Chrysler part #2932230. Some say you can get from local Chrysler Dealer.

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/door-channel-felt-where-to-find.88258/

Another vendor: http://www.rtspecialties.net/proddetail.asp?prod=2932230

What to do , what to do? The seller responded on the quarter window rollers. He was rude, told me that he has sold hundreds of them and I must be installing them wrong. He did offer return them of a refund, but I would have to pay return shipping.
I assure him I could handle the task of putting a roller on a track (not exactly rocket science ). BTW the ebay sellers name is vansautollc. I read all of his negative reviews, almost every one mentioned him being very rude. I went with his kit, because of the price and the quality sold.

He is my question to you guys. The quality of the kit is good, other than the white roller slot is undersized by .030". The black rollers and clips are all fine. I have a file the proper size. Do I file the rollers I need to fit or return and purchase from a different supplier? What would you do? FWI I measured my track slots in the frame of the regulator and it is .179"

They all seem to be selling the same kit Part# 280083.

I bought one quarter window roller kit from Vans. Somehow I ended up with an extra kit Part# 280083. If you want it cheap PM me.

My old roller measures .190 and the new ones both .176. The old ones are either replacements or originals that have not been used much.

Took the night off of reassembly to work on the hood. Have it ready to turn black. The kids start school tomorrow, but only a 1/2 day. I am taking the afternoon off to pick them up. Supposed to be a nice day, hopefully I can squeeze in an hour or two after lunch and get the hood and scoop sprayed.
20160821_232637.jpg
20160821_232646.jpg

Here's the roller kit and one of my old rollers (lost the other one when I took the windows out). The roller behind represents the one being measured. The .176 ones are for the swivel that goes into the rear track.

1-IMG_0601.JPG 2-IMG_0604.JPG 3-IMG_0610.JPG 4-IMG_0611.JPG

Church night last night. Was able to round up the boys and get the hood scoop mounted. And hood mounted. I applied a bead of seam sealer and the fastened it with 3/16 rivets. I will be pulling the hood off and shooting 2 more coats of black to cover the rivets. Just had to see it on the car.
20160825_003034.jpg
20160825_002912.jpg

Also a special thanks to themechanic for hooking me up with quarter window rollers that work!

20160826_194043.jpg
Santa came today! Or maybe just the ups man. Placed a nice order with classic industries. Now I have some work to do.

20160826_194113.jpg
20160826_194101.jpg
Installed the new dash pad. Knocked out the easiest one first. I was impressed with the quality. Very close to the original.

20160826_195433.jpg
Also classic sells the chrysler door glass front channel seals. $119.99 for the pair, regular price.

Good luck putting the channel seals in. I went through a few sets before I got it right. That's how I learned to use the Mylar seals.

Did you ever get an answer about the inner quarter window whisker and the staples? I was thinking to just drill holes and use pop rivets but I have not looked at clearances yet.

Did you ever get an answer about the inner quarter window whisker and the staples? I was thinking to just drill holes and use pop rivets but I have not looked at clearances yet.
I have not received any feedback on mounting the cat whiskers for the inner quarterpanel. The new kit I ordered came with Staples too.

I have not received any feedback on mounting the cat whiskers for the inner quarterpanel. The new kit I ordered came with Staples too.
I guess you could just drill small holes for the staples and bend them over with pliers

Auto Transport Service
Back