• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jason's 69 gtx

paint finally

well i know its been a while since last update but things weren't proceeding like i wanted but now finally after this weekend i have the body nice and straight and painted. i still need to do something with the hood yet (my old man wants me to junk it and buy a new one but with shipping that would be around $700 that i dont have right now). now i at least have some color but not sure how long before finished color. here are a few pics right before paint and after paint

0828001318.jpg

0828001645.jpg

0828001730.jpg

Awesome! Looks sweet Morbid! Man I wish I was that far a long. That color works out great on the GTX. I'm gonna have to look you or your Dad up when it comes time to paint mine.

thanks but shes not done yet i still need to do something about the hood. oh ya by the way this is straight out of the booth. it has not been buffed yet

Will, as for painting yours i personally only painted all the jambs and the backs of the doors and deck lid and the smaller bolt on parts. the body i was a little worried that i would run the clear so i had my father and younger brother spray them. i probably could spray it decent but i would rather you go to my father when the time comes

Jason,

I appreciate your honesty bud, a guy would have to almost be superhuman to do absolutly every aspect of a restoration not to mention all the equipment/facilities needed as well. I'll have to look your dad up when the time comes.

Can't wait to see the finished product. You're in the final stretch now!

morbidgoat-that color looks very,very nice.:yes::yes:

well i know its been a while since i last posted on my car and unfortuneatly i still dont have the paint any closer to being finished, BUT last year before i parked it i did try my hand at making my own door panels and rear side panels they are nothing special but considering the cost of new ones. ive got only $80 for all four panels invested into these so i cant complain (pics coming soon)

now so far this year last weekend i brought her home and this weekend (limited amount of time) i pulled my rear end out, it leaks at wheel ends and at pinion gear the gears were way to far off for my liking. over winter i bought a rear end rebuild kit and a set of 3.55 gears (not knowing what i had at the time) oh and also a new set of leaf springs. now this is my first time replacing gears so i was struggling a little anyway i got it apart after lots of struggling with the pinion gear. and now i sittin again it turns out that my rear end rebuild kit didnt come with wheel bearings or seals so i still need them, i also need to buy a new pinion yoke because my old one is 10 tooth and my new pinion gear is 29. in case anyone was wondering it turned out the old gears in the rear were 4.56 gears.

so here i sit now i have another $300 dollars worth of parts that i need in order to finish and get this back together, and im sorry i dont have any pics of the rear end project it was way to greasy of a project and i didnt want to have to stop every 5 min and clean my hands off just to take a pic

not sure whats going on but it wont let me upload my pics every time i try it says upload failed but it dont say why?

no not photo bucket i always used the go advanced button on the bottom and used the attachment button, it never gave me problems before

I see, i've never tried that, I've had photobucket for years now so i just got used to that.

love the red on your car by the way, I hope you get the picture thing figured out so we can see more.

now that we got our pics working again i can finally post my homemade door panels granted they are nothing over the top or even anything like the originals but the $80 i spent on making these is a whole lot less than buying them from someone like legendary

Attachments

• 2011-05-10 14.05.02.jpg
    2011-05-10 14.05.02.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 354
  • 2011-05-10 14.05.24.jpg
    2011-05-10 14.05.24.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 355
  • 2011-05-10 14.06.21.jpg
    2011-05-10 14.06.21.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 2011-05-10 14.06.35.jpg
    2011-05-10 14.06.35.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 353
that looks like the same kind of fabric(for lack of a better word) that i was thinking of doing some interior work in my RR.that looks pretty good so now i know how mine will look.thanks for showing.how did you attach it to the cardboard panel? spray on glue or something else?

Spray on contact adhesive would be the way to go. 3m makes some good stuff that places like Home Depot carry. Does look good Jason!

thanks i used a 3m neoprene glue that i got from work its a red and white tube with the number 1300 on it. that stuff is very very sticky try not to get it on your hands

thanks i used a 3m neoprene glue that i got from work its a red and white tube with the number 1300 on it. that stuff is very very sticky try not to get it on your hands

the end result might not be good,especially if you went to the blue room right after using the stuff.

progress report rear end has new gears in it now 3.55 was 4.56 its a bit easier on the rpms now plus i dont have to shift out of first after only moving 5 feet.

however i still have problems. when i "refreshed" the engine with new seals and gaskets i replaced the original rope style rear main with the new wiper blade style and within about 100 miles lost about a quart of oil, leaking out the rear main. so i bought a new rear main and this time had a mechanic friend put it in, however hes young and has never done one like our big block mopars. if you havent guessed already his rear main leaks too. even worse than mine did. :(

does anybody know of a good quality rear main that seals great if so please give me a heads up the last two i beleive were two different ones from felpro

this is for a 440ci engine

Hey I have a question, the 440 you cleaned up in the beginning, was it missing the Valley pan gasket under neath the intake manifold like it rusted out or something? We have a very sludgy #s 440 in my coronet and it's valley pan rusted out

Auto Transport Service
Back