• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Leno Granted Conservatorship of His Wife Mavis

When I was young and needed something a good guy who was well off helped me.
It got him. People took advantage of him.
A cruel thing it is.

That is so sad. All the best wishes for Mavis and Jay. She is lucky to have a good guy with resources to look after her.

That's a sad tale,
Jay Leno's a good man or seems like he is anyway...

I talked with him a couple times,
once at Pebble Beach, D'Elegance I was just spectating
he had an AC Cobra (or was it a AC Bristol) & a GT40 there IIRC,
special year for Shelby's stuff, like a 10-12 (?) or so years ago
& another time at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank Ca,
he had his silver/black 55 (?) Buick Centry, with a 572 BBC in it,
there IIRC
he seemed like he was a down to earth, laid back, normal nice guy
that didn't come off 'stuck up or like he had lots of $$',
laughing & having a great time with other car guys
& he has some very cool cars...

I wouldn't wish dementia on my worst enemy.

Jay and Mavis are getting old. Maybe God is trying to get their attention.

Last edited:
I’ve never heard a bad thing about Jay, he is on my list of folks to meet. I wish him and Mavis the very best and nothing but the best, he is a true car guy. God bless him and the entire family. I hope they find a cure for it, I’m staring at it with my dad and it runs in our family.. it’s life altering.

no other words fit better. I'll ditto that.
I'll ditto your ditto.
In light of Jays' recent accidents, along with his loyal wifes' medical condition, he's doing what ultimately
is the best responsible thing he can for her - if he passes first, he's made sure she's well-cared for.
He knows he doesn't want to stop playing with his hobby, so he's making provision just in case.
Noble stuff.

Dementia is a tough one. We tried to look after my mom in our house for two and a half years. You can’t, simple as that.
We’re doing that now. She’s 82 in early stages, not eating, drinking her Chardonnay wine like a fish and refuses all doctor care, refuses to go anywhere and we’ve tried to get her help but she is still sharp enough that she answers everything correctly and convinces them she’s fine. I get the pride thing! But it’s rough for all that have had to deal with this sort of thing and those that will. Sucks.

We all know our day will come. There are a few ways that are especially curl, she has one of them, and my neighbor has one of the other, ALS. Good luck and Godspeed.

Dementia is preventable with diet, exercise and mental stimulation. Too bad I didn't know it before Mom was diagnosed with it.

Dementia is preventable with diet, exercise and mental stimulation. Too bad I didn't know it before Mom was diagnosed with it.
I would not go so far as to say that.

It’s like saying you won’t get cancer if you don’t smoke cigarettes.

I would not go so far as to say that.

It’s like saying you won’t get cancer if you don’t smoke cigarettes.
If you look at the history of the disease it's easily linked to the American diet and sedentary lifestyle.

Speaking of smoking, smokers and those who breathe 2nd hand smoke have a greater risk of developing dementia.

If you look at the history of the disease it's easily linked to the American diet and sedentary lifestyle.

Speaking of smoking, smokers and those who breathe 2nd hand smoke have a greater risk of developing dementia.
"correlation does not imply causation"

I looked it up.
I know nothing more than this.
I guess it could be Alzheimer's.
But I'm also guessing if it was Alzheimer's they might say it.

"Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life, while Alzheimer's is a specific disease. Alzheimer’s is the most common cause of dementia"

Auto Transport Service
Back