• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jensen Interceptor and Healey

My budget is too tight for a late 60s dart like 67-69 which is my preference, it would have to be an early A. 66-67 b bodies are my favorite but they are getting too expensive now, I'd have to sell the 70 roadrunner...which is what my wife really wants me to do. Under 10k for a good driver would be nice. Not happening with a Mopar.

I go through a phase regularly where I look at MGs, Spitfires, Fiat 124s, etc. thinking that i need a "foreign" car in my collection. Everyone I have talked to has warned me about getting an MG saying that while they do handle, they are not fast and not real roomy. My desire is a drop top type vehicle and I look at a variety. After awhile I default to the fact that I have 2 Harleys and they suffice as a convertible..

I do like the Interceptor but they are hard to come up. If you really want to talk to someone who knows them, contact Bruce at F&B Fuel Injection (makes the EFI 6 pack), he has one and in fact it was the impetus for him developing the EFI 6 pack. His website is "under construction" but there is a contact me button at the bottom of the page. http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/

upload_2021-10-13_7-12-4.png

At $11K I could build one of my other cars which is probably a better idea. Still a neat car.

I go through a phase regularly where I look at MGs, Spitfires, Fiat 124s, etc. thinking that i need a "foreign" car in my collection. Everyone I have talked to has warned me about getting an MG saying that while they do handle, they are not fast and not real roomy. My desire is a drop top type vehicle and I look at a variety. After awhile I default to the fact that I have 2 Harleys and they suffice as a convertible..

I do like the Interceptor but they are hard to come up. If you really want to talk to someone who knows them, contact Bruce at F&B Fuel Injection (makes the EFI 6 pack), he has one and in fact it was the impetus for him developing the EFI 6 pack. His website is "under construction" but there is a contact me button at the bottom of the page. http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/
My nephew has a 57 jag with a viper engine have you posted any pictures of the 70 rr hemi yet

My nephew has a 57 jag with a viper engine have you posted any pictures of the 70 rr hemi yet

That sounds like a pretty cool car.

Well here is my RR which is a long way from being done. I have deflected to a 71 Charger which I got last year and will be putting a 5.7 and a TKX 5 speed into.

IMG_0040.JPG
IMG_3682.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG

WOW that look great. You got some great cars I bought a new 70 rr back in the good old days. when did you retire from the army SF I had 30 years

jag motor.JPG 1970 rr.jpg

WOW that look great. You got some great cars I bought a new 70 rr back in the good old days. when did you retire from the army SF I had 30 years

View attachment 1197226 View attachment 1197227

Is that your kid's Jag? Looks awesome as does you RR.

I retired in 04 after 26 years, went to work for a major gun company and then around 17 or so basically retired completely, well I still do some consulting and contract work from time to time.

I had the jag for years, my nephew has it now. my son got my 70 cuda and 70 challanger I am working on a 68 RR, bad shape , all i do is working on my ww2 viehicle.s and veteran,s day parade,s and drink at the VFW, Thanks for you service I am a happy man

100_0840.JPG

I had the jag for years, my nephew has it now. my son got my 70 cuda and 70 challanger I am working on a 68 RR, bad shape , all i do is working on my ww2 viehicle.s and veteran,s day parade,s and drink at the VFW, Thanks for you service I am a happy man

View attachment 1197671

Well so long as you are happy, that is what counts. I predominately work on cars, currently building a 69 Ply wagon for a guy, then have to put a 70 RR together for friend (528 Hemi with a TKX) and ship it to AUS. Then I will be able to get back to my cars, first will be my 71, then back to the RR and maybe then onto my 68 Cuda (haven't decided if I am going to do that one, should probably sell it).

PS I too have firearm's and a backhoe... LOL

Thanks guys for adding two TorRed 70's to the thread. My 70 came to me exactly like yours, 70chall...minus the hemi! 2 door hardtop roller, now driving the kids around with it. Thanks halftrackman for adding the back in the day shot of your car, EV2 in the snow gotta love it.

I gave up on the Jensen and continue to add stuff to the roadrunner. I can only handle one at a time with my current garage it looks like, I'll just have to move eventually

My car was originally brown I believe, no fender tag (no inner fenders) so I cannot be positive. However the interior was a 2 tone brown/beige based on the doors and trim. Someone was trying to make a show/race car out it at some point hence the tilt front end which I have to admit is done relatively well (hood opens normally or you can tilt the front end).

My goal with the car is to make it somewhat of a street bruiser type car with the big Hemi and a 4 speed. The interior will be relatively stock with the long pistol grip and it will have an air grabber as well (although electric). I am probably going to be running a coil over front suspension only because I have the parts and due to the down bars being present which will then allow more clearance for the headers although I was toying with the idea of running fender well headers just for the look.

i sold this cuda in michigan for 25 hundred , this was in 1977. Also sold a 70 RR for 5 hundred they were in great shape. The mopars did not sell very well, in the good old day's

1970 Cuda (newspaper clipping).jpg

I think we could make many posts about the cars we bought and sold "back in the day". I once bought a burnt orange (in and out) 70 GTX 440 4 spd with console, air grabber, etc. for $800 running and driving. This was back in 83/4, sold it for $1200 to a buddy who was T boned and the car was destroyed.

Looks pretty nice. Current bids are < $17K. Curious what it will sell for. I paid $17,500 for my '73 Jensen Interceptor (5-years ago) in nearly the same condition.

Looked it up after the auction, bidding must have picked up in the last few hours. Final price $28,250 :)

Auto Transport Service
Back