• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jensen Interceptor and Healey

SlinktRR

Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Anyone here happen to be knowledgeable on either of these cars? I'm looking for a classic sports/pony convertible car for my wife. The interceptor has a 440 big block chrysler engine and the Healey has a lotus DOHC inline 4 with an a833 4 speed, and that's about the extent of my knowledge. And they're cheap. E bodies are untouchable these days for the money and nothing else really seems close. Trying to stay away from classic mustangs but those seem to be the most plentiful alternative. I think I might just keep looking for a 66-67 Plymouth vert and convince her to like it but they are getting harder and harder to find in driver condition. The Jensens seem more reasonable for the money even than a 67 satellite convertible. Let me know any experiences you have with these cars it would really help thanks.

whats to know? the Jensen Has a 440 in it. It will haul *** with the right tweeks.

How about a Dart GT convertible?

44a1faa16488cde838b4479335e87f15.jpg

Not mine.

What's your budget?

Maybe look into a 68-72 Cutlass / 442 Convertible. Its about the same size as a 70 challenger. I know because i had mine parked next to one.
Its a great car i got mine for almost 10 years now. (Its a 1972 Cutlass Supreme Coupe with a 350)

Interesting car, but finding repair parts when you need them?
907e3035cb64ac26f98b843098e3a29cc8384950.jpg

Its kinda obvious but what about a corvette c3? I think in 73/74 they still had 454 big blocks but relatively cheap. :)

I don't know much about the Jensen Interceptor, other than that some were 383, some 440, and I want one!
I hope they don't have Lucas "the prince of Darkness" electronics!

No interest at all in a Jensen Healey. My little foreign cars all have V8s in em already.

Anyone here happen to be knowledgeable on either of these cars? I'm looking for a classic sports/pony convertible car for my wife. The interceptor has a 440 big block chrysler engine and the Healey has a lotus DOHC inline 4 with an a833 4 speed, and that's about the extent of my knowledge. And they're cheap. E bodies are untouchable these days for the money and nothing else really seems close. Trying to stay away from classic mustangs but those seem to be the most plentiful alternative. I think I might just keep looking for a 66-67 Plymouth vert and convince her to like it but they are getting harder and harder to find in driver condition. The Jensens seem more reasonable for the money even than a 67 satellite convertible. Let me know any experiences you have with these cars it would really help thanks.
Where on earth did you find a cheap one?

The 383 Jensons handled better than the 440’s , lighter front end weight. Be very careful, if I remember correctly, they had a double floor, prone to rust. Was looking at buying a 1974 440 around 1989. Put it on the hoist in my friends Auto Body shop. Floor pan and underbody work was going cost more than the car. Exterior and interior was very presentable.

Anything mid 60's pre 70's. Ford Falcon (very
easy to maintain)., Chevy Nova, Ply Satellite, etc.
No emissions, bare bones. Can't go wrong.

How is it that Europeans never figured out how to fit a convertible top (when down) below the body line? It's ugly with the top down and the rear view mirror is useless.

907e3035cb64ac26f98b843098e3a29cc8384950-jpg.jpg

Jensen also made the "FF" on the Interceptor platform.
Stretched and 4WD.

Convertible Interceptors are few and far between.

The Jensen/Healy can be had fairly cheap for a nice, solid, good running car.

I was interested in one about 5 years ago at a $4500 asking price.
Ran. drove, good paint. Saw it at several car shows.

Don't forget to get replacement wiring smoke for your British car. Keep in mind that the new repro smoke isn't as good as the NOS vintage smoke.

smoke2.jpg

mages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiCur8bZfDY8S4sQ6o6AJwIKK8_DPN8VQte3cHsBhorpa5KTeXVgWj26u74gQHitcDKPE&usqp=CAU.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back