• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John S. Rehberg, 8/31/1956 to 9/14/2022, Dad you may be gone but you're always with me...

Well, over the holiday I got to share the list of cars compiled here that dad had. All were amazed at not only the number, but also the variety and year range. But one person called me out one that was missing in dad's list of cars he owned.

This should complete it for good, I hope :lol:

This is car #64 dad owned...

1965 Mercury Montclair, 390ci, 2BBL, A/T - A unique feature on this one was that it had a power rear windshield. Dad eventually sold this car to my girlfriend at the time (she later would become my wife). This was her very first car.
(c/o google)
1-4-4.jpg

The one dad owned was green, maybe a shade darker IIRC. And the roof was white. But essentially it was the same car as shown here.

Miss mine, my mom passed away when i was two years old so he was all i had. Lost him on 10/12/09

Your grandkids took me out to dinner tonight in remembrance of your birthday dad. Mexican, just like we did on your 50th. They all brought birthday cards for you too. Even one from your great grand daughter, Esther. You’d love her. She’s such a blessing.
Happy birthday dad. Miss you tons.
- Nick

Your grandkids took me out to dinner tonight in remembrance of your birthday dad. Mexican, just like we did on your 50th. They all brought birthday cards for you too. Even one from your great grand daughter, Esther. You’d love her. She’s such a blessing.
Happy birthday dad. Miss you tons.
- Nick
God bless you, your wife, his grandkids and his great granddaughter! I know you look back on your dad as I do mine, he was my best friend! On my dads 50th, the neighbors threw him a party. He was loved by all and he loved them. I lost him in 2002, I think about and thank him everyday! I actually was lucky enough to have a great mom too! I lost her in 08, I also do the same for her. Take care and enjoy the celebration, sir!

God bless you, your wife, his grandkids and his great granddaughter! I know you look back on your dad as I do mine, he was my best friend! On my dads 50th, the neighbors threw him a party. He was loved by all and he loved them. I lost him in 2002, I think about and thank him everyday! I actually was lucky enough to have a great mom too! I lost her in 08, I also do the same for her. Take care and enjoy the celebration, sir!
Thank you for those sentiments and sharing what you did. Folks on this site have been a tremendous encouragement. And you are proof of that. Much appreciated.
- Nick

lost my pop in 87...... wish he was around to see some of the stuff I work on; pretty sure he sees it anyway....... maybe I'll get to discuss it with him one day

One more proof that this was the right place to pay tribute to you dad. My FBBO stickers came today, post marked on your birthday.
:thumbsup:

IMG_3383.jpeg

Been a year today dad since you went home. Wish you were here.

Been a year today dad since you went home. Wish you were here.
I think about my dad everyday. I lost him in July of 2002. My thoughts are with you sir. You and I know, we’ll see them again one day. Take care!

I lost my Dad in January. I'm consoled in that he had a pretty good run, even though the last three years were very hard on him. Somehow, I have not fully accepted it yet. I still wake up in my morning fog and first thing that comes to mind every day is that I should call him.

We were very lucky to have had good relationships with our Dads. Here's to your Dad, my Dad, and all the wonderful Dads, past and present.

Y'know, this site drives me nuts sometimes with how easy it is to lose track of threads that one would
like to keep track of...
This being one of those threads for me, until today that is.
I'm all caught up now Nick. I'll do my best to continue to keep up with this one. It's important.
God bless you and yours (and all our departed Dads!), my friend.
- Ed

Mine passed when I was 11 in 1972. I sometimes wonder how much different my life would be had he lived.

Mine passed when I was 11 in 1972. I sometimes wonder how much different my life would be had he lived.
Mercy. God love ya man....
When I think of all the kids growing up without ever knowing their dads today, a whole lot of the worlds'
ills become a little more understandable....

I think about my dad everyday. I lost him in July of 2002. My thoughts are with you sir. You and I know, we’ll see them again one day. Take care!

I lost my Dad in January. I'm consoled in that he had a pretty good run, even though the last three years were very hard on him. Somehow, I have not fully accepted it yet. I still wake up in my morning fog and first thing that comes to mind every day is that I should call him.

We were very lucky to have had good relationships with our Dads. Here's to your Dad, my Dad, and all the wonderful Dads, past and present.

Sir, I was a lucky man! I’m sure he watches over you and looks on with pride!

I’m trying to remember sentiments like this more often. I find myself wrestling with time I DON’T HAVE with him now. I need to focus more on being grateful for the time I DID HAVE with him while he was here.
Thank you for sharing.

I’m trying to remember sentiments like this more often. I find myself wrestling with time I DON’T HAVE with him now. I need to focus more on being grateful for the time I DID HAVE with him while he was here.
Thank you for sharing.
You can't think about what you don't have, life is for the living. Your meeting with him will come one day, find comfort in that. I do.....

Auto Transport Service
Back