• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Judge Jeanine Clocked at 119 mph! Ticketed

Officer, "I clocked you at 119 miles an hour."
Speedy, "That's impossible. I haven't even been driving an hour."

I got nailed on the GG Bridge once on my Water Buffalo. Two of us on bike with a 6 pk of Bud bottles between us, i was ripping it(triple digit) from Mill Valley to the City(no MC license either) I came into toll booth real hot, front end way compressed under downshifting & braking. I forgot to consider the oil patch in booth driveway from the bleeders, hit that outer edge of the patch & the bike went down, we just stood up in the booth, the beer bottles broke in the booth. I was shoving the toll at the Guy in booth Who was a deer in headlights, mouth in an O,,,finally He snapped out of it, took the money, i righted bike, then He pointed over my shoulder & a CHP was threading His way up. Pushed bike over to side of road on other side of booth.
Cop said He had been following me since Sausalito all the way up Waldo Grade onto bridge trying to get a clock on me. He said "I'm gonna cut You some slack” & gave me a ticket for 90 mph on GG bridge & that was it, nothing for no license, no registration & couldn't give me an open container ticket since all the bottles shattered. Grinning, He said "good thing for You those weren't cans.". Got back on bike & rode into the City.
I never paid that ticket, & it fell through the cracks. They say any landing You walk away from is a good one. I was a lucky bastard that day.
Another time on the 101 between Cotati & Santa Rosa I got nailed running flat out in my 318 Charger, about 115. Guy had been trying to catch me since Cotati, didn't see His lights until making the clover leaf to hwy 12 & then saw the lights about a mile behind me after He made the junction. So I pulled over & my Friend & I went around & sat on deck lid waiting for Cops. He didn't get an accurate clock, was surprised I stopped & I said being on open road was one thing but I wasn't going to drive like that being chased through intra rural & residential areas. Gave me a ticket for 70 mph. Back in the 55 mph max day. 60.00 for the citation.

I got nailed on the GG Bridge once on my Water Buffalo.

Is this you?

riding-a-water-buffalo-past-rice-patties-in-the-far-north-of-palawan-picture-id525491151.jpg

I got nailed by the Polizie in West Germany in 1978, driving a Porshe 911 on the Autobahn at 124MPH in a slowdown zone marked at 60 KPH (37mph). Was chatting with a girl that I wanted to slip it too, was not paying the speedo any attention at all. The cop looked the girl up and down and looked at me and smiled.

I doubt there is anyone on here that isn't guilty of doubling the speed limit at one time or other unless they're a troll or robot scouring key words, topix. I mean we are performance car freaks. You can take a horn Dog out of the city, but it's hard as hell to get the horn out of the Dog.

I disagree to a degree.
She knew she was going fast I would imagine.
Maybe she knew she was doing 119.
Maybe not.
Maybe she thought she was going about 80.
Or 90.
Heck, I see that every night on the interstate going home.
Where are the cops?

But this is exactly the problem with the Volvo Syndrome.
When I'm doing 70 in the Dodge, I know it.
I have to think about braking.
And things flying off the car. (Attempted humor)
People doing 80 now have no clue how fast they are moving verses 55.
And E equals MV squared.
Braking effort, etc.
That's the bigger problem.
Morons behind the wheel.

Last edited:
80 mph on any highway is a common enough site, but if you're doing 119, you are passing those doing 80 like they are standing still. But like Bud Man said, in the old Mopar, you don't ever want to drive that fast on the public roads, but today's cars are so smooth, comfortable & quiet that driving at high speeds is a breeze.

In 69 I once drove my new superbee from Portland to San Francisco down I5. (at night just me and a few trucks had the road). My cruising speed was 115. When slowing down for fuel stops--70mph felt like 35mph.

l got a ticket in 1986 driving from Charleston, SC at the port back to Ft Gordon. I had just picked up my 1985 Audi 5000 that I shipped back from Germany. I had been driving it on the autobahns for nearly a year already and had gotten used to flying along at high speed. I was doing 85 in a 55 mph. The Lee County SC, cop saw the European plates on the car and knew what had happened right away. He gave me a warning and said, " Yer not in Europe anymore pal, slow it down to 55. Man it felt like I could get out and walk faster than that.

Remember when a smokey had to use a calibrated speedometer in his car and paced you to clock your speed?

Yes, it's why I always look at my speed whenever there's a cop anywhere behind me. Was taught that way back when by my Dad.

I once had to drive 100 miles because my mom wasn't doing well after surgery. This was about 1977. My dad bought me a 1971 Pontiac Catalina or something with a 400. Was speeding the whole way home, man that car just floated the whole way. Mom was okay.

Auto Transport Service
Back