• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just a little off the back and sides please

Mr. Shop foreman, could you please tell your worker that he is doing a great job. I know you have the ball and chain on him. But remember worker's need to be able to stretch their minds so they will put out better work for you. Lol

Mr. Shop foreman, could you please tell your worker that he is doing a great job. I know you have the ball and chain on him. But remember worker's need to be able to stretch their minds so they will put out better work for you. Lol
rebelgtx.jpg
"Mark AWAYS does MIRACLES"
SQUIRREL!!
Well aware of this, he will have down time to sharpen his mind this week, 90+ degrees this week & the AC does not work in the shop, TRUST ME, I do have a "coat" on at all times ya know. Think I'm going to sit out here Supervising this week, HELL NO."
Signed
"SHOP FOREMAN at More Miracles

Last edited:
plowing ahead......rear torque boxes fitted, not welding them in until I blast that area....... front boxes in, one side was kinda smashed in that area, not any more......... all while watching football

IMG_20230907_193311.jpg
IMG_20230907_232546301.jpg
IMG_20230907_232000984_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230907_232014681.jpg
IMG_20230907_232204620_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how much difference it makes but I made my front torque boxes longer:

FTB 11.jpg

I made those from 14 gauge sheet metal. I just figured that going to the torsion bar crossmember might be more rigid.

I made those from 14 gauge sheet metal. I just figured that going to the torsion bar crossmember might be more rigid.

I'm not sure if that area even sees any stress; if it does, I suppose anything helps........ in this case, that factory piece was smashed pretty good and the torque box really helped with the fix. I may have replaced the piece if not for the box........

unrelated to the point, I also try to mimmick factory assembly methods where I can; I try to keep all the mounting tabs and edges clean, rather than run beads of weld around everything

I can see the appeal of the factory appearance. Some really want that.
I’ll never see 200 mph on a NASCAR track with any of my cars. I just figured I’d run my torque boxes to what made sense to me. Those rear boxes you have there look cleaner than my hand made ones.

Last edited:
Who is going to see them? Are they doing their job? FUNCTION OVER "PURTY"

eldubb did ragtop Camaro, undercarriage braces etc... TOTAL MASTERPIECE, shame no one will see it, the guy that owns the car needs to put it on ramps with mirrors to show the work Mark did, which is over engineered too.

Who is going to see them? Are they doing their job? FUNCTION OVER "PURTY"

eldubb did ragtop Camaro, undercarriage braces etc... TOTAL MASTERPIECE, shame no one will see it, the guy that owns the car needs to put it on ramps with mirrors to show the work Mark did, which is over engineered too.

when it looks like ****, EVERYONE sees it; if there is never a mention of it, it must be good.......... I'm into form AND function

20220509_135113.jpg

hammered6.jpg

hammered2.jpg
20220514_210122.jpg

Last edited:
"I didn't clean up before coming in last night, hope the boss ain't pissed"

Maybe your boss is an unreasonable prick! He will probably write you up with HR and place you on PIP (probationary improvement program). You'll be evaluated every month on your performance. When does your interview with the PIP coach happen? The first thing to say is "I know my Weingarten Rights and request representation as I feel this interview may result in disciplinary action".

I'm so glad I'm retired and NEVER have to hear those words again!

Back to our regularly scheduled program.
20230731_162152.jpg
20230911_160322.jpg

Maybe your boss is an unreasonable prick

nah, he's the coolest ....... but please don't tell him I went back to bed today and slept till 3:30 :eek:

but I managed to get the other front box finished up last night

IMG_20230909_234101329.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back