• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just a little off the back and sides please

we have the same cherry picker :eek:

I can't really have garage art.......

A) it holds dust; and I make a lot

B) my shop is a very rough environment, grinding dust and primer overspray just destroys everything

and the truth about the sign lies somewhere in the middle :rolleyes:

I do have a 68 R/T grille and bezels on the other side

I recently stumbled across my original GTX tail panel, I'll probably put it over top

1691563188122.png

This car is going to be effing beautiful. Wow.

I may need to being mine back for tough up..................... :poke:
rebelgtx.jpg

"HEY HAWK, When do you want it done? The bigger & the type of bribe, the sonner you get on the schedule" SHOP FORMAN

you can call me buttah........ cause I'm on a roll :rolleyes:

filled the antenna hole as requested, and fine tuned my bodywork on the front......the doors will be easy......we're headed to the rotisserie, and the underside is already pretty clean :bananadance:

IMG_20230809_212256926.jpg
IMG_20230809_212341717.jpg
IMG_20230809_224221266.jpg
IMG_20230809_224119844.jpg

IMG_20230809_224320258.jpg

boring i know...... but I worked my *** off on this stuff

gotta go to work sometime :mad:

got the doors caught up to the rest of the car...... and we're on the flipper

IMG_20230825_205317984.jpg
IMG_20230825_205336433.jpg
IMG_20230825_220931971.jpg
IMG_20230825_221030480_HDR.jpg

I love seeing Rebel just relaxing in the background.

I want him to learn how to sand, but all he does is remind me he doesn't have thumbs...... if I had a task that required chewing, he's be all over it

Eldubb440, I've been working on my trunk and am now putting things back together. I bought a new rear crossmember, but what are the plates/sections called? They're like 12 or 14 guage ... quite a bit heavier than the crossmember. I need to order some. Any thoughts where? Terry

Rear frame picture.jpg

Rear frame picture-eldubb440.jpg

Eldubb440, I've been working on my trunk and am now putting things back together. I bought a new rear crossmember, but what are the plates/sections called? They're like 12 or 14 guage ... quite a bit heavier than the crossmember. I need to order some. Any thoughts where? Terry

View attachment 1516170

View attachment 1516171

crosmembers Ive used came with those pieces, so I weld the crossmember from the frame rail side......

.on the 67, I saved the crossmember (it wasn't real bad and has the SO number stamped in it)...... so I removed those plates to get to the welds for removal, and reused them

not sure what to call them (rear crossmember reinforcement plates?), but if a new crossmember doesn't come with them, you can probably re use yours......they look pretty nasty but are much thicker and likely NOT rusted through...... before ordering anything, separate them and give them a sand blast. That edge that is chewed away can just be shrotened up a little

crosmembers Ive used came with those pieces, so I weld the crossmember from the frame rail side......

.on the 67, I saved the crossmember (it wasn't real bad and has the SO number stamped in it)...... so I removed those plates to get to the welds for removal, and reused them

not sure what to call them (rear crossmember reinforcement plates?), but if a new crossmember doesn't come with them, you can probably re use yours......they look pretty nasty but are much thicker and likely NOT rusted through...... before ordering anything, separate them and give them a sand blast. That edge that is chewed away can just be shrotened up a little
I think they are called bumper reinforcements...

also, the pieces at the end that attach the crossmember to the trunk drop off....... I think they are available, but easy enough to fab up a set of your own.....if your piece didn't come with them

Thanks QuickBpBp and eldub440. I found the parts and ordered them. They didn't come with my crossmember. And I had already hacked up the ones I had and used some of the metal elsewhere. Duh...

it's not all fun and games....... sometimes you have to put in the hard hours

lots of welding /grinding here; and there are no shortcuts........I had enough welding done to keep the car rigid, but left quite a bit for rotisserie access

I been at it pretty good the last couple days

IMG_20230903_203557997_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230903_203634698.jpg
IMG_20230903_204043371.jpg

IMG_20230903_204122857.jpg

Last edited:
awesome.jpg

"MR @Kern Dog, please be advised that Mark is on a time frame here. Time is money and this car needs to be completed as scheduled, fixed price job, NOT t&m. Mark can NOT be distracted from his duties. I sincerely appreciate you're assistance with this manner.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH,
Signed,
"SHOP FOREMAN of More Miracles"

Auto Transport Service
Back