• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

just found serious rust on my front frame rails

To far into it to turn back now. It's only money and I'll make more

Getting it right the 2nd time

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgGetting closer,

you made the right decission with replacing the rails. did you use donor e-body rails or b-body rails? that might sound like a stupid question. but it seems like some where i read some one used b-body rails in their e-body

I used the frame rails from a 72 satellite

- - - Updated - - -

Primer time at Classic Car Restorations in Ila GA. Vevry close to taking in all apart for a new coat of Torrid Red paint03-21-16(3).jpg03-21-16(4).jpg03-21-16(5).jpg03-21-16(2).jpg03-21-16(1).jpg

Dude that's insane. A wheel alignment turning into a complete restoration! That's one heck of a domino effect!

its a slippery slope and it's only money. It came back apart for paint last week. All the body work and final sanding is complete and it should start seeing color next week 3-30-16.jpg3-30-16(2).jpg3-30-16(3).jpg3-30-16(4).jpg3-30-16(5).jpg3-30-16(6).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

These are a pain in the butt to get cleaned and ready for paint, yes,, they went through the dish washer 03-30-16(7).jpg03-30-16 (8).jpg

That is one sick awesome restoration. You should contact guiness and see if this qualifies as the most detailed and expensive alignment in the world. Your outlook on money is a good one, its makes the hobby much easier to swallow. For love of the car. Rock on dude!

It looks great. I'm feeling alittle bad about saying to replace that rail, but when it's done, it'll look great for a long time. Wish mine was going that well.

That alignment is coming along nicely! Can't wait to see it done.

Finally seeing some Torrid Red paint. Getting excited again and hope to have her on the road in another 6 months

Engine and trans were installed this week. Getting really close and I'm estimating that she will be on the road by April. Oh yea, should have at least adjusted the alignment a bit before I took that picture

IMG_3746.JPG IMG_3748.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back