• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

K frame swap ?

sawdoff

Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
So I have a complete 73 challenger k frame with disc's, which have been told will bolt into my 70 charger. If so my plan is to rebuild/upgrade, set in my 440 and trans, and replace everything from underneath to protect a lot of new paint ($$$). Is there truth to this swap and if so anything to be concerned over? My mopar guru isn't available (r.i.p) so asking for help here. Thnx

It will all bolt right in. Although the steering box angle is different from 70 B-body and E-body. 70 B-body is a one year only k-member.

Thnx. Thats what I was led to believe. Any advice on correcting steering angle? Or not a real issue? I was sure the 70 b was one year only. If this works I plan to (eventually) rebuild the charger k for my 70 sate.

I am sure you could shim the box and it would be fine.

I didn’t know the steering box angle was different ... learn something new every day!

Make sure you use the 73 drag link for the steering. I believe the dip in it helps to keep the unit a certain distance from the oil pan due to the steering box mount angle being different. Also 73 used different motor mounts. Spool type if I remember correctly like what was on my 73 Duster.

E-body never used spool mounts. The 73 will be the same as the 70 mounts.

73 up b-body got the spool type as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back