• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

k -member repair or replace

74runner

Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
My 74 RR k-member is rusted out on the driver side rear mount. Big block K-members seem to be extinct here in central florida and was wondering if i might be better off dropping it and having someone weld a section on it.
The car is a 1974 roadrunner which originally had a 318 but now has a 1968 440 rb residing in between the wheel wells. The K-member is in pretty good shape except for that rear mount. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Replace , Personally I wouldn't dare play with a rusted K member, if is rusty it's probably not solid enough to weld on and could break, if it does break I can guarantee it will do it at the worst possible time .

Another K member CAN easily be found, maybe not in your area, but you can have it shipped to you. you could check G & D and J & J , they are both in Florida and probably have what you need.

Appreciate the info; will check into those two places. Went to the Turkey Rod Run yesterday and was totally discouraged at the lack of Mopar items there; Ford and Chevy parts an over abundance of.

Last edited:
Appreciate the info; will check into those two places. Went to the Tukey Rod Run yesterday and was totally discouraged at the lack of Mopar items there; Ford and Chevy parts an over abundance of.

O.K. check them out , if you do not have any luck let me know, Glenn, Dana,Jerry and Jerry are all good folks to deal with,

I know of 12 to 15, 1971-1974 B bodies, all picked over parts cars, sitting in a junkyard here in South Carolina, I quite sure you could get a K frame there, if you had to, I'll help you out as much as I can.

Thanks, any help in locating a decent k-member would be appreciated.
The thought of having to purchase a mancini or magnum force setup would take a serious bite out of my budget. ( wife isn't crazy about that idea ! )

My 74 RR k-member is rusted out on the driver side rear mount. Big block K-members seem to be extinct here in central florida and was wondering if i might be better off dropping it and having someone weld a section on it.
The car is a 1974 roadrunner which originally had a 318 but now has a 1968 440 rb residing in between the wheel wells. The K-member is in pretty good shape except for that rear mount. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

74runner . . . my 73 runner has the same exact problem. Same mount too. Must be a Florida thing. I've posted a wanted thread. Had a reply & then no response since then. If you find one, see if he/she has 2. I;ll do the same.

Ron

74runner . . . my 73 runner has the same exact problem. Same mount too. Must be a Florida thing. I've posted a wanted thread. Had a reply & then no response since then. If you find one, see if he/she has 2. I;ll do the same.

Ron

Will do ! Us mopar owners have to stick together and help one another out since nobody else seems to !

Auto Transport Service
Back