• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kills Corona Virus

We've been losing manufacturing jobs for 40 years. The many jobs we lost, being the ones that paid a living wage, provided benefits, most of them have not come back and won't
The last recession we lost more but we've been steadily recovering since than and we should be happy about that to this very day and stop the political bullshit.
Now we face a epidemic started where? In the very country we built into a mega economy that we are dependent on for almost everything.
They pollute the environment and now the world. Think about it, did any of these diseases we see over the last 25 years start in our country?
From what I have been reading Steve we created it and the Chinese stole it from a Canadian outfit. I would imagine we had the cure before it ever left the country.

I'm not eating at any restaurants until there is more info on this illness. I know WE wash our hand often and use caution when we cook and shop. I see people grab these shopping carts and never clean the handle even though there are disinfection wipes right there. I'm not paranoid, but a little extra precaution is warranted at this time. You get flu shots in the hope that it will help you through the flu season, so why not use common sense now and be extra careful when out.
Strange that everyone I know that has gotten the flu this season had gotten a flu shot and got the flu for the other strain. What ever happened to the idea of let your immune system do its job. Next year it will be a different vaccine for the same strain because this years shot will not be affective.
If you have the flu or been in contact with someone that has just stay home. What's so hard about that.

It's seems pretty easy to say this guy or the other guy is responsible for the low unemployment rate. If you look at charts it shows after we almost went belly up, thing turned around, and has been going well for some of us because of, and in spite of washington. There were some people who actually knew what they were doing that turned it around and they did it without a President who thought he knew better than these people. IMHO the best Presidents oversee the intelligent people they and others put in places of responsibility throughout their cabinet. Not all Presidents are A+ students and no one has all the answers even if they think they do.

For many of us it was lack of Washington doing its job period. If they had no stimulus would have been needed.

Strange that everyone I know that has gotten the flu this season had gotten a flu shot and got the flu for the other strain. What ever happened to the idea of let your immune system do its job. Next year it will be a different vaccine for the same strain because this years shot will not be affective.
If you have the flu or been in contact with someone that has just stay home. What's so hard about that.

When your in you seventh decade your immune system isn't much better than your 70 year old points in your distributor. The flu shot never was intended to be a catch all for ALL strains of flu, but as a preventative for some, an educated guess if you will. What can it hurt just getting the shot and giving your immune system a helper.

A lot depends on your age and health....It's never been implied the flu shot would keep you from getting it. What is known is if you do get the shot and do come down with the flu, it can be less severe. Like anything else it's a personal decision to get the shot or not. A otherwise healthy friend of mine from work who was in his early seventies died two years ago from complications of the flu....That's enough of a reason for me to get my yearly flu vaccination

I've never gotten a flu shot.
I probably got one every year since I was 6 (57 years worth). My wife and I just got back from a cruise last week (we called it the geriatric cruise because we were close to the youngest couple on board). Well, don’t you know that someone brought the “A” flu onboard. It went through practically the whole ship. The wife and I got a very abbreviated version of it (less than 24 hours of ill effects) thanks to the vaccination we both got last fall. Every port we stopped at was extremely worried because they heard we had the flu onboard. They asked us if we had Corona. (There’s a joke in there, but it it wouldn’t have been funny there as rumors spread fast and wild.). If you admitted that you were sick, they quarantined you and your cabin-mate in your cabin. I guess that’s why it went around the ship. We saw lots of folks coughing without covering their mouths. I think we got it in an elevator when one person coughed without covering. Not many social graces abound in the typical American. In Korea, they wear surgical masks if they are sick and they go out in public.

Surgical masks are getting kind of hard to find. Guess I will just get the bio filter out if need be. The wife will just have to stay home. Actually we will both just stay home unless a trip to the ER is necessary. The doctors office was turning people away Friday. They had a big sign post for anyone that even thought they had the flu to not enter and just go to the ER as there was nothing the doctor could do for them.

News about COVID-19: One of our reputable sources said a while back "a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April." and "And by the way, the virus. … It looks like by April, you know in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away — I hope that’s true. But we’re doing great in our country." Do we relax?

Re the flu - My boss tells us each year we should get them so we don't miss work. They are also provided free. Can't prove they work, but so far I haven't caught the flu (the fever, body aches and respiratory combination) after the shots.

Surgical masks are getting kind of hard to find. Guess I will just get the bio filter out if need be. The wife will just have to stay home. Actually we will both just stay home unless a trip to the ER is necessary. The doctors office was turning people away Friday. They had a big sign post for anyone that even thought they had the flu to not enter and just go to the ER as there was nothing the doctor could do for them.

Wow, that is some scary ****.. I had a mild cold all week and it cleared up by Friday, so we were more or less home all week. Thursday I finally felt un-lazy enough to snow blow my driveway. My neighbor was on the sidewalk and said, don't get to close to me, I haven't been feeling well. It went right over my head, but after conversations like this and the news, I guess it's best to be somewhat cautious. I called him a little while ago, they're fine, they are both 79, great people.

Just heard a guy that has it went through Grand Central Station, exposing hundreds.

Los Angeles and L.A. County just declared a State of Emergency due to Corona Virus!

Auto Transport Service
Back